Recent

Author Topic: Wayne  (Read 19918 times)

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Wayne
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2010, 06:37:03 pm »
Thanks guys!

This time there was someone in another boat that was really nice and took quite a bit of time to help me get some nice pictures. I look like a kid at Christmas in most of them even though I thought I was smiling normally. I got his email so I will find out how to get him some beer or wine or whatever because it's just so nice to have.

I was so excited to finally cram him in the net. It's dark of course, but that's what being so far up river and the time of year will do. Still a powerhouse though holy crap! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kamloops, BC

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »
I guess so! Its a big one. Cant wait to read your report man :)

Offline Rock Bass

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2010, 09:06:32 am »
Great pic and the smile does say it all, for sure you owe him some beer.  Did you keep the fish?  Are they still edible once they run up the river a bit?
John

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:20 am »
Days before I went out I had been talking to people in the area about how the fish were and the fishing in general and folks were still really happy with how they tasted. They still fight like crazy, but once they're in it's really questionable as to whether they will recover well. Catch and release in this situation may be more of a kill and release. They are in what is still fairly warm river water and they are not fresh. Once he was in the net there was not a lot of movement so I quickly dispatched him. You know really, once they're spawning and that far up river they should probably be left alone.

After I had my one fish, I pulled anchor and came home. I'm plenty happy with the one :) I would rather fish for them fresh in the ocean of course, but this was an opportunity within reach.

I'll report back after I smoke some of it next weekend.
Kamloops, BC

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2010, 11:24:40 pm »
The smoked salmon turned out really nice. I had to stop people at work from eating all of it so that's a good sign.
Kamloops, BC

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2010, 09:02:41 am »
Wayne..What Heck is a F.S.T?
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2010, 10:44:41 am »
It's a wide and slow trolling spoon.

http://www.gibbsfishing.com/products_trollingfst.asp

I don't know exactly what F.S.T. stands for, but slow troll could be the S.T. part - not sure.
Kamloops, BC

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 12:37:00 am »
Date: October 30th, 2010
Species: Rocky Mountain Whitefish
Tackle: Hot glue salmon egg
Kamloops, BC

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2010, 08:53:08 am »
Was wondering when you were gonna catch one of these? What did you get him on? nymphing? Looks pretty hot outside  ;D

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2010, 01:24:52 pm »
Hey Jeff,

The weather was pretty nice really, so long as you were in the river and not the main lake (Little Shuswap).

I used an egg creation I made up a little while ago and yes I was nymphing. To be honest, I was fishing like crap lol. The egg part isn't as clear as it is before it bounces on the rocks for awhile....
Kamloops, BC

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »
Dude! That is a wicked little fly man. Like a weighted bloodworm/egg pattern. Whats it called :) I like that. I am stealing it ;) haha. Would work well for a lot of stuff I fish. What size wire is that? and where are you getting the red colored wire? I have some body material that would look simialr but nothing weighted. Would have to weight underneath the material. Unless you are getting it from somewhere we have here. Give up the goods :)

Offline Wayne

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2010, 10:06:31 pm »
Steal away :) It doesn't have a name. The wife called it an 'egg worm'.

The wire on it is enameled 22 gauge but if I was to get one size it would be the 24 gauge as it's a little smaller. I got the 22 at wholesale sports and the other I can't remember. I would go to any place that rewinds motors/armatures as they would have tons of it.

The hook in this case was a gamakatsu #6 octopus.
Kamloops, BC

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2010, 12:36:18 am »
sweet. thanks man! I will search around for that wire :)

Tags: