Recent

Author Topic: Wilderness Systems Commander 120 Angler - Any thoughts?  (Read 7251 times)

Offline BobD

• Old School
    • NB Paddler's Fishing Derby
Wilderness Systems Commander 120 Angler - Any thoughts?
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:17:18 am »
Hey folks,

I'm looking around at different kayaks looking to make a purchase this spring, and I'm intrigued by this one:
http://www.wildernesssystems.com/product/index/products/angler/Commander_angler/commander_120_angler/

Has anyone seen (or used) this?  To be honest it's a bit more than the self-imposed limit I had placed on the price, but  I'm still curious.  Any information will be helpful.

Thanks!
BobD

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Wilderness Systems Commander 120 Angler - Any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:41:25 am »
I have seen it and it looks pretty awesome.  The plan is to pick one up as soon as my local WS dealer opens for the season.  I'v heard lots of good things about it...  I'll be sure to write up a review when I get mine!

Russ

Offline joco

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 05:53:13 pm »
its as some good feature.

BUT...my 2 cents if you want that kind off kayak i would go wit a natives.

better seat...better hull design.

not saying its not a good boat it is all boat are good just some better then other in some situation.

a fww treport say wen you stand in one off them the way the 2 hull are made your feet are like in bas position the hull is not well made to put your feet.

plus that middle v shape thing in the middle keep water there..i like better a flat are like the ultimate to put stuff etc.

butagain its all personal choice  some might like it better.

the best way you try your self both and see what YOU like most.

sher you can seat higher in the back part but you can put your seat higher on the ultimate to.no prob...and can even take it out to save weight or to sit on the beach.

joco

Offline Nick

• Greenhorn
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 04:50:34 pm »
I test drove one last weekend at the Midwest Mountaineering demo in Minnesota. I thought it was great, very stable, couldn't tip it even while standing up. The floor presented no problem for me as far as standing. Lots of storage and multiple sitting positions is cool, but I agree, the seat could be more comfortable, like the Native. Cool calm water kayak. Wouldn't take it out in heavy waves, as I don't want to be sponging water all day. Very cool, though, IMO.

Offline Don

• Local Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 06:44:19 pm »
I agree with Joco.  Although I haven't demo'd one I wasn't at all impressed by it at the Sportsmans show in February.  I like the add a seat to get you up a bit higher but doubt I'd spend much time using it.  I hear it's pretty stable to stand in and pole however.

D.

Offline joco

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 01:36:35 pm »
i did rent one for a day and after few hours i was realy happy to go back in my ultimates 14.5

i will be honest

its nice
nice high seat area its a great features.
its well done most off it.

the new 140 will be more apropriate now.

but again the bottom is not well made..the way it shape it hurt the side off the leg on the side off the gunnel...not a lot but still got to me.

they would have to change the way the bottom is made.and mabe get 3 inch larger inside the gunnel where legs toutch it.

even the 140 is not larger etc.

anyway some like it..i dont because of this to bad.

will keep going in my ultimates.

joco

Tags: