Recent

Author Topic: XShot Kayak Mount  (Read 2255 times)

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
XShot Kayak Mount
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:38 pm »
The folks over at XShot have been doing their homework, they have added the all new "Kayak Mount Xshot" to their lineup!  The handheld version was nice but when I imagined the perfect monopod for kayak fishing I always envisioned a mounted unit so that I could keep both hands free to control the fish I was photographing, now there is finally something like that on the market...wicked.  Can't wait to get my hands on one, I'll be sure to write up a review when I get a chance to try it out.  Just need to get this Winter thing over with  :-\

To read more check out http://xshotpix.com/kayakmount.php

It is currently only available on their site and should be on dealers shelves early in the new year.

Cheers!

Russ

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 10:47:34 pm by 12footer »

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
Re: XShot Kayak Mount
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:14:20 pm »
What would be really good would be an X-Shot 9 (maybe a foot or 18" long) on a 360 deg. universal joint swivel, mounted on a Scotty base.  You could set the camera and mounting system all up for a delayed shot, catch the fish, click the shutter button, quickly swing the camera out into position, pose for the shot and bingo, that 6" perch is preserved for posterity.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:23:45 pm »
lol @ 6" perch...  I think a waterproof camera with a remote would solve alot of problems too.

Offline Morrissey

• Ultra Light
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 12:15:48 pm »
I really like the idea of that camera.  I find it extremely difficult to hold my catch in one hand and hold the camera backwards at arm's length in the other to take a pic by myself, and my buddy usually doesn't want to reel in and paddle over to where I am just to take a pic for me.  Great idea. 
"Who's to say the way a man should spend his days?" - J.M.

Tags: