Recent

Author Topic: yak fishing Jamaica  (Read 611 times)

Offline David K

• Greenhorn
yak fishing Jamaica
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:04:06 pm »
Thinking of next years fishing trip?????????????
   Has anyone yak fished in Jamaica (Not Jamaica Bay)  I mean the Carribean.
   I was there years ago (my pre yak fishing days) and thought it was a beautiful island.
  Any help would be appreciated.
ALSO,  if anyone has any other suggestions that would be great.
I fish with one or two guys from the USA and they do not want to go to Cuba.  Keeping the $$$$ down is key to this trip.  We usually do an Erie (Ohio) and then try to sneak in a Northern (slightly) Ontario trip.  Thinking of doing something a little more exotic next year and Florida was not in the running.
   Thanks for your help
         David K

Offline kayakman

• Seasoned Angler
Re: yak fishing Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:17:26 pm »
Look into the Baja and Sea of Cortez or the Bahama out islands. These are both dream destinations.

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
Re: yak fishing Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:35:17 pm »
I have been to Trinidad couple of times and have nothing but good things to say about the people and culture, plus they are english speaking which is always nice.  I didn't fish but I did ask some local fisherman and they told me the fishing is great, especially tarpon, onefish and snook.  The mangroves are insane and there are plenty of spots well off the beaten path to explore.  You would get all of the same species you would in Florida plus a few I would imagine.  I have a good friend down there and could get you some more info on fishing if you like. 

Another english speaking country I have always wanted to visit is Belize.  Might be worth a look too.

Cheers!

Russ

Tags: