Recent

Author Topic: Canon D10  (Read 2743 times)

Offline kayakman

• Seasoned Angler
Canon D10
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:02:51 pm »
I have been using a Canon D10 since the spring and it is a great little camera.  It is shock resistant and water proof to 10m.  It takes great underwater shots and has lots of settings for taking pics when you are by yourself.  I just noticed that Airmiles has it in their catalogue for 3500 miles. I paid $400 for mine.  I use an xshot and a leash when I am out on the water.  If you are in the market for a new camera for kayak fishing I recommend this one.

Tim

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Canon D10
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 10:13:43 pm »
Got any sample pics?  I am in the market for new waterproof camera...

R~

Offline kayakman

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:56:07 pm »
Here are a few from my Baja trip.  These are compressed pictures so that they will upload on the site.  Since the camera is 12.1 megapixels each file is usually over 2MB. PM me if you want to see them in real format and I will email them to you.

Offline kayakman

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:57:28 pm »
And a couple more!

Offline Cru-Fish

• Ultra Light
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:44:04 am »
I got a Pentax Optio W60 last Christmas (same kind of thing - rugged, waterproof - 10MP etc). Here are some of the pics that I took this year...

Offline Cru-Fish

• Ultra Light
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:33 am »
And here are some of the underwater ones. The quality of these has been reduced in order to minimise the file size...

Offline Exstreamfisherman

• Old School
  • Exstream Outdoors Kayak Angler
    • Exstreamfisherman
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 01:40:35 pm »
I love the underwater pics for sure... would love to have that ability on mine but I will have to make do with what I have for now...there's always the next one..LOL
Any day on the water is a good day

Prostaff for Streamside, The Sweedish Pimple, Kamkazi

http://nationalprostaff.com/users/6794/Darrin++Moran     
http://exstreamfisherman.wordpress.com/   
http://www.youtube.com/user/4YakProductions/videos

Moncton, NB

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:33:04 pm »
Kayakman, I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to the Sea of Cortez for next winter (a year from now) for myself and a few kayaking/fishing pals.  Thinking of Loreto or La Paz.  Any suggestions?
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline kayakman

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »
Our trip to the Baja was more sight seeing than exclusively for fishing.  We also went in July.  The La Paz area is very nice but decked out kayaks were hard to come by.  There are a couple of fishing resorts (Van Wordens, I think) south of La Paz (closer to Cabo Pulmo - another great destination) that have fishing kayaks.  We had planned to spend a day renting from them but it was extremely windy and my wife was very nervous about heading out so I did mostly surf casting and a panga charter.  We did not get to Loretto but I hear it is the mecca for winter sea kayaking - lots of islands, very scenic etc.  I bought a copy of the Baja Catch which has a ton of information but be aware that many of the maps are out of date. I would recommend uploading a Baja map for your GPS. Ours came in handy numerous times when trying to find beach access roads. I started planning our trip with a google search.

Good luck with your planning.

Tim

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 02:37:54 pm »
Thanks, Tim.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Tags: