Recent

Author Topic: Perception Prodigy 100  (Read 2398 times)

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
Perception Prodigy 100
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:26:07 pm »

This is what made recreational kayaking such a popular outdoor pastime. The Prodigy 10.0 is ready for many types of water, from lakes to slow, deep rivers. The no-hassle size is easy to throw on a car and to store. Most importantly, it

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Perception Prodigy 100
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:37:41 pm »
I call this my "ditch hopper" and it is just that.  It's the kind of kayak that you just throw over your shoulder and find some little creek to explore.  It worked perfectly when I did some fish inventory work on a small local creek, it was big enough to bring out a couple traps and small enough to maneuver through the waterways.  It also glides over surprisingly shallow water without scraping and I weigh 180lbs.  It's also a breeze to portage.  Of course a small 10' kayak like this has its limitations, one is the complete lack of a storage compartment.  It does fit the harmony fishing dashboard (for pungo) nicely, just tie the bungee at the appropriate spot so that it is snug on the cockpit rim.  This is a third kayak for me and truth told it is the least used, but my 6 year old son will have a blast in it next year no doubt :)  I think I paid $350 for a new one, thats a deal! 

Russ

Offline joco

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Perception Prodigy 100
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:21:55 pm »
nice litle yak

like you said a yak to trow on top or in the car and go.

i am looking for somethin small to..but mabe will get a tarpon 100 i try it last year and was impress wit it.

i could use it for fun all over and use it in rapids etc..sit on top not mutch danger there..and they are well made.

and there a few small sit inside kayak that are cool...but some off them have to small cockpit for my size...i dont mutch good wen i am stuck there.

joco

Tags: