Where to go,and who wants to team up ?

Kayak/quadding fishing trip
0 (0%)
Looking for other couples  to go
0 (0%)
Queen Charlottes where to stay ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 1st timers going to Queen Charlottes in September  (Read 874 times)

Offline GregnLynda

• Greenhorn
  • 1 of our other addiction sports
1st timers going to Queen Charlottes in September
« on: July 13, 2009, 04:09:15 pm »
Hey all,  We are headed for the Queen Charlottes this September to Kayak, fish and possibly quad (ATV)the long beaches.  We are from the Kootenay Lake area.  Taking our truck and camper.  Never been there before, wondering where to go with our combination of cargo, and if anyone is interested in doing the same.  Would like to hook up with someone that knows the area and maybe some similar interests.
I just registered with this site and am green on the puter, so bear with me.   GregnLynda
Hey all.  Lynda and I are looking for other couples to hook up with for kayak /fishing trips.  We also do a lot of quadding and snowmobiling.

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
Re: 1st timers going to Queen Charlottes in September
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43:37 pm »
In 2005 I was living in Whistler (Toronto now) and 5 of us did a week-long kayak trip in Gwai Hanas National Park from Burnaby Narrows north.  Rented touring (sea) kayaks from Doug Gould in Sandspit who also provided access transportation.  Can't find his contact info now but you should be able find him at the Canada 411 website.  Fabulous trip - I'm envious.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:28:04 am »
Wish I was around to take you out :(
But the Doug guy DGW is talking about has relinquished his business as far as I know...It has changed hands to a guy names Heron...It is still called Moresby Explorers...Heron is a very good guide and is experienced...Though his trips are far from kayak fishing trips and your equipment will be far from that kind...you will be paddling expedition yaks and alot of area can be non-fishing in South Moresby...
Please send me a Private Message and I will chat further with you...thanks
Jeff

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 02:14:46 pm »
Jeff, when I went to GHNP Doug seemed a bit soured on the whole business thing.  Not a bad guy but he had been doing it for a long time and I'm not surprised he sold the business.  And yes, the whole focus was on tripping not fishing.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 02:53:28 pm »
Yah...He built it from scratch and there are tons of politics and hoops to jump through on the islands in the South Moresby/Gwaii Hanaas area...Doug Gould still is one of the most knowledgable people on the islands pertaining to paddling around the place...But Heron is making tons of upgrades to the place...New floating lodge, new Zodiac and alot of maintenance to existing stuff...Great guy to deal with as well...Young and zest for life...No matter how you float it QCI is one of the most amazing trips of your life...No doubt...

Offline GregnLynda

• Greenhorn
  • 1 of our other addiction sports
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 02:59:37 pm »
Hey thanks for the input all.  What about diving over there too ?
Hope our Dagger Blackwater boats are sufficient ??
They are Good quality 12'  poly pleasure boats.
Would consider a day  trip or 2 for bigger fish if someone had a powerboat !!   As I can't haul everything out there.  Any takers ??
Not big on taking the kayaks out to the bigger halibut if you know what i mean !!
Hey all.  Lynda and I are looking for other couples to hook up with for kayak /fishing trips.  We also do a lot of quadding and snowmobiling.

Tags: