Recent

Author Topic: Ocean Kayak tryout  (Read 694 times)

Offline Greg

• Seasoned Angler
Ocean Kayak tryout
« on: July 20, 2009, 03:41:09 pm »
 I had the chance to fool around with a prowler 13, nothing bad to say, the stability is amazing standing up is a breeze, easy to paddle and the rigging possibilities are endless, I've put one on my must have list for next season and then I'm hitting the Atlantic saltwater OOOOHHHHH YA!

Offline deup

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Ocean Kayak tryout
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:53:39 pm »
yeah i tryed out the 13 myself .. it was great... little diffrent then the 15 :( but .. yeah.. 13 is defintly nice!

Offline Cru-Fish

• Ultra Light
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 03:26:01 pm »
I like my P13, but there are a couple of things that I would change about it.

Firstly, my model has a small circular store between my legs which, in all honesty, is mostly useless. I would much rather have a large hatch here with access to internal storage on the yak (I believe this is available on later models). The only way for me to access inside the hull is through the front hatch. Now, this is fine as long as I don't need to access anything in there while I'm on the water.

Also, siting the transducer has to be between your feet, as there's no way to reach further down inside the hull where I would have preferred to mount it (e.g. under the seat).

I would also go for pegged foot rests rather than the molded ones - just personal preference I guess. Oh, and maybe something a little longer that would track a bit better.

Those are all the negatives that I can think of at all right now. Don't get me wrong, I love my yak - but I have to find some fault in order to justify getting a new one at some point  ;)

Offline Greg

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 06:07:50 pm »
Cru-Fish, not sure what year yours is, but the things you mentioned and looking at your picture, I'm going to say those issues no longer exist, sounds like maybe they've been listening to feedback, gotta like a company that will do that.

Tags: