Recent

Author Topic: Guests to the site.  (Read 895 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Guests to the site.
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:15:07 am »
I personally check out the site quite often perhaps for a quick visit or possible info i've overlooked or want to look up. Plenty of years of info on the site. And plenty of friends on the site as well. But the one stat  that shows up on the bottom of site is info on who's been on the site and what info they have checked. The members for the most part unless there are incognito visiting site are listed. What to me that is surprising is the amount of guests or incognito(members) that visit but never post. Today for example 102 guests. If these are multi guests or individuals please join the site,share your info,pictures and experiences instead of hiding behind the guest visit.Thanks.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
Re: Guests to the site.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:26:45 am »
Yes, please!!!
There will be some contest give away's this spring/summer too.
The more entrants, the bigger the prizes we can get.  If we dont get many entrants there is little incentive for bigger prizes from companies, due to there being no value in it. 

For those that dont know, I own this site. I dont ask anything of anyone other than contributing and commenting on topics. I'll never ask for donations, membership fees.  This site is a passion of mine, and I will ensure it sticks around, as long as people contribute.    A forum such as this is only as good as its content providers. 

I will be putting a lot more work into this site this year, so you should see some more improvements.  Stay tuned.

Joe, thank you for the positive post.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:22:38 pm »
Yeah I have noticed the number of guests too. I wonder how many of those are people perusing old threads and how many of them are just website robots.

Glad to hear that you are going to be doing a few more things to try and get involvement up John, let me know if there is any way to help out.

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 10:59:24 am »
The thing is login in as guest you can't see every forum so you are missing out. Sigh up and sigh in. Click keep me loget in and every time you visit you will be auto loged in and will never miss a post!

Tags: