Recent

Author Topic: KW 2017  (Read 15650 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: KW 2017
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2017, 06:12:11 am »
Well the season has come to the end and plenty of fish caught by the canucks who stayed in on the site. There are still quite a few quitters that start out and then drop off along the ways for all different reasons. Overall though quite a bit of fun for what it is. Hats off to the participant's and all the fish they caught. The site has become a ghost in recent months without any input. But it will be finishing up shortly by the team, and will host a new look for 2018 and changeup on the running of the site. 

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2017, 08:30:36 am »
Hey Cowboy, you riding out in the sunset ?

Guess wait and see.
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2017, 08:36:18 am »
Well the season has come to the end and plenty of fish caught by the canucks who stayed in on the site. There are still quite a few quitters that start out and then drop off along the ways for all different reasons. Overall though quite a bit of fun for what it is. Hats off to the participant's and all the fish they caught. The site has become a ghost in recent months without any input. But it will be finishing up shortly by the team, and will host a new look for 2018 and changeup on the running of the site. 

Can I share that on instagram?

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2017, 10:42:17 am »
Yes outback cowboys 😂. And ofcourse John . Team Nouveau  rocked as a allround fishing 🎣 group. Enjoyed it.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2017, 10:56:02 am »
Posted. I tagged your instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/canadiankayakanglers/

If you guys dont follow CKA's instagram, please follow!!!!

I'm very happy to share/post your pictures on there with full credit to you. It benefits the site/forum, and hopefully give you more exposure as well. 
I'd personally truly appreciate it.

Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2017, 02:55:26 pm »
Was a great season, my fall got a little messed up, but my team mates had my back to keep us at top spot for Canada. Was a great team to be part of! Thanks for having me guys. Hope Kayak Wars continues for next year, the site owers didn't seem too enthusiastic this year.
Home water is Bay of Quinte!!!!!

https://www.kayakwars.com/angler.php?angler-id=5303
See my Kayak Wars Catches.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2017, 06:40:56 pm »
Yep great Great Lakes group. Ended quicker then we wanted though due to early winter arrival . Lol

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2017, 11:15:23 pm »
I sure am glad the season is finally over. I was afraid yaknfool or backswamp might make a push at the end or been sandbagging points but turned out backswamp finally gave up and yaknfool just didn't have enough time left.

The trick to kayak wars has always been ambition. There are lots of guys capable of putting up 10,000+ points but to do so you have to go out and fish hard all year long which most people just aren't willing to do even with good incentive let alone when there are no decent prizes.

It is disappointing how things went this year. If early in the season they had announced prizes and draw prizes similar to what they had last year then things would have been very different. There would have been a number of guys gunning for top spot and also many more just trying to get some points for the draws. Taking measurements, pictures and then uploading them isn't really a fun procedure so you have to provide some sort of incentive for both top competitors and average joes. No incentive means no participation as we saw this year and have seen in the past as well.

I don't know what the owners plan is for next year but whatever they do they need to have it figured out and announced before the season starts next year. Many people aren't going to bother entering let alone competing if they handle things the same way they did this year.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2017, 11:21:50 pm »
Congrats to the Nouveau Norsemen. I am still frustrated that we let you guys sneak up and beat us but you guys worked hard and earned the win.

Offline albertan-yaker

• Local Pro
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2017, 08:48:03 am »
Congrats Tyler well earned.

Wing and beer after Christmas?, i'll text you and see who we can get to come out.
..." don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself, He's a grown man and fishing isn't that hard "

Hobie Outback 2014
Hobie Pro Angler 2016

Danocustomrods.com

Offline greydog

• Greenhorn
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2017, 08:00:11 pm »
Had fun in my first year thanks for inviting me on the team.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2017, 04:43:39 am »
CKA was well represented again!!!
Well done to everyone... Great Job Tyler. That's a lot of hours in the Kayak. 

Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2017, 12:15:49 am »
CKA was well represented again!!!
Well done to everyone... Great Job Tyler. That's a lot of hours in the Kayak.

Thanks John.

Yeah just looking over my pictures I believe I registered points on 52 days this year plus I had a handful of skunks as well. Lets say 60 days in a kayak and probably 450-500 hours. Around 15 fish per day or 2 fish per hour.

Offline Dave

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2017, 06:06:17 am »
I would have thought a lot more hours!  You catch them a lot faster than I do :)
Dave
Dave
Woodstock, Ontario
Coosa, Hobie Outback

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2017, 06:41:54 am »
Dave let's put the kayak wars fishing in perspective. No rules against warm water discharges or hot pond fishing as they call it. Where the temperatures of the water create an aquarium hot spot for fishing in the months of the winter/spring/fall when temps are down and the fish are concentrated for food purposes. This makes them easy targets and warm water will keep your hands warms so you can take your picks. In the same time of the  year others have to work the water in cold slow fishing presentation and virtually impossible to compete. Hence the reason many top point getters have points through the roof in half the time. You cannot physically compete. Check out the top guys species and you will find these guys. You can compete if you want to sit at your nearest discharge spot and tally up the points. Impossible to ban this practise though and will continue and it is just part of gig. Plenty of these spots around my area  but unless used for fun wouldn't use these fish as points for kwars. Can you imagine the amount of bass we could load up on Dave lol . Unfortunately some guys don't have the same weather conditions and have to deal with ice and colder temps so this is a bonus to catch up. It is what it is.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:08:21 pm by shooter »

Tags: