Recent

Author Topic: KW 2017  (Read 15627 times)

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
Re: KW 2017
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 01:57:04 am »
Took 3 outings and 3 different spots on my home body of water, finally found some walleye. Caught 11 today, 4 scored for KW. Last year I struggled to get 16inchers,95% of the fish I got were 12-14in. Looks like the year class I was getting last year has grown a bit. All fish caught today were at least 14in.

We have a lake close by that has tons of walleye. They stocked 11 million in it a few years back and they took over the lake, there isn't enough food though so they have all stunted themselves and even years later they are all like 14 inches. One of these years they will be big enough for kayakwars, then look out lol.

Offline albertan-yaker

• Local Pro
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 10:09:54 am »
Ravyak is right again,

I was there yesterday.... 30 Walleyes....not one of size for KW... heard the same from a boat on the water... nothing over 16"
..." don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself, He's a grown man and fishing isn't that hard "

Hobie Outback 2014
Hobie Pro Angler 2016

Danocustomrods.com

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2017, 09:41:43 am »
Thankfully there are other walleye lakes I can do similarly well with bigger fish on ;).

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2017, 11:02:30 am »
Ottawa river is infamous for dink eyes too. Haven't seen a snot yet on the Rideau here. Many had that red sore disease last year, maybe some died ? Mother nature has some vicious cycles. I don't really feel sorry for
the carp that are getting stranded in once flooded fields though , make good fertilizer!
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2017, 11:02:45 am »
Ive been forgetting to hit the stats sheet because of lack of bringing board here n there and vacationing. Not missing much anyhow due to the lack of participation from others losing interest. And if any of you have read the fine print. There is zero listing of prizes and what way they will be orchestrated when they are given out. All years previous were laid out . This is a good thing, because they can likely switch up top dogs for draws instead otherwise same winners will likely put this site in peril due to same old same old. After all it is a freindly contest.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:08:36 am by shooter »

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2017, 12:33:47 pm »
It doesn't cost too much. Nice way to keep your records and share your catches with like minded people. I don't take it too serious. I fish for what I want, not just to get points. Out fishing anyways, might as well measure a few and try to beat a pb. If they raise the price again,I'd be out.
Home water is Bay of Quinte!!!!!

https://www.kayakwars.com/angler.php?angler-id=5303
See my Kayak Wars Catches.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »
Yep price no biggie. Cheaps stats sheets. Need some new species on mine 😬

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2017, 01:54:07 pm »
Some really good fish being caught by new Canadians. Yakadians rocking. Brookie record was broken ( buddy said 19 inch but easily 19.25 ). Like seeing what others are catching. You posting some fish soon Shooter.  :D

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2017, 08:58:23 pm »
Ive been forgetting to hit the stats sheet because of lack of bringing board here n there and vacationing. Not missing much anyhow due to the lack of participation from others losing interest. And if any of you have read the fine print. There is zero listing of prizes and what way they will be orchestrated when they are given out. All years previous were laid out . This is a good thing, because they can likely switch up top dogs for draws instead otherwise same winners will likely put this site in peril due to same old same old. After all it is a freindly contest.

Last year they didn't release prizes and prize structure until sometime in June and then added a few more later in the season. So far they are on track to do the same. Under Oz nothing was ever announced(at least the couple years I was involved) so your comments seem a little off base...

I was hoping they would step things up and have the prizes announced earlier etc but that doesn't seem to be happening. I think the realization of how much work and a pain running this tournament actually is has set in(lots of work to have website working properly let alone having to search out sponsors, prizes etc). The first couple skirmish prizes definitely aren't as good as last year which was a bit disappointing. I am still hoping for some good prizes to be announced and if so will by trying to keep hold on top place(just got back there last weekend). If prizes are disappointing this year I will focus on other things and whatever happens happens.

Most of the decent prizes were given out as draw prizes so still worth taking the time to do entries and try for some kayak man points. Top kayak man points or overall points is tough to get, I put a lot of effort in but I also like the excuse for me to go out fishing and target lakes with good fish(and I like the incentive to target multiple species).

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2017, 02:54:06 pm »
13 new Canadian yak anglers in 2017 out of a total of 33 have posted so far.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2017, 09:48:31 am »
Action picking up. Some teams have pike and walleye June quotas filled.
With bass opening in some zones in Ontario this weekend, action will reelly pick up!

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2017, 06:10:11 am »
Not losing interest, very hard to get out without a drivers license! My difibulator went off so MTO pulls my drivers license for 6months which does not end till July 13, then it takes another 2 weeks to process so end of July :-\ So expect a surge of activity in August from me brother ;D ;D ;D 8)
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2017, 12:21:28 pm »
I had a stellar day yesterday right up to the point where I lost my GPS and phone to the fish Gods. Had scorable pics of 9 Largemouth, 1 Smallie and 4 Pike and caught my personal best Pike which was around 8 to 10in longer then my Hawg Trough. My first slam of the year and all the pics sit on bottom in 33ft of water. That personal best pike was evil and cost me a lot yesterday and not even a pic of it. >:( This fishing mishap will hurt for awhile!

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2017, 01:03:12 am »
I had a stellar day yesterday right up to the point where I lost my GPS and phone to the fish Gods. Had scorable pics of 9 Largemouth, 1 Smallie and 4 Pike and caught my personal best Pike which was around 8 to 10in longer then my Hawg Trough. My first slam of the year and all the pics sit on bottom in 33ft of water. That personal best pike was evil and cost me a lot yesterday and not even a pic of it. >:( This fishing mishap will hurt for awhile!

So how did you lose the gps and phone?

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2017, 06:17:57 am »
While trying to take measurement pic of my personal best pike he thrashed and knocked my Gps overboard which was tethered, so I have no clue how. I cursed a few times while I watched it sink to the bottom. Still had the evil pike in my lap, so again tried to take pic. He went ape shit crazy and I watched my cell phone sink to the bottom. Worst 2min of my kayak fishing career. I usually use a water proof camera for my fish pics, but the battery was dead that morning. A series of unfortunate events.

Tags: