Recent

Author Topic: KW 2017  (Read 15922 times)

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
Re: KW 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 11:39:31 pm »
That's funny, guys are posing with fish on Kayak Wars out of season. Anything been done?

This is the one thing that could potentially be an issue at some time as most places state that you must return a fish immediately if not keeping it. A handful of places have instituted rules regarding pictures on some species saying the fish must not be removed from the water for pictures but that so far has only been implemented on some protected species in places like Florida.

Until they make it specific that taking a picture of a fish(out of season or say not legal for whatever reason) is illegal then a guy is fine.

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 07:29:07 am »
That's funny, guys are posing with fish on Kayak Wars out of season. Anything been done?

This is the one thing that could potentially be an issue at some time as most places state that you must return a fish immediately if not keeping it. A handful of places have instituted rules regarding pictures on some species saying the fish must not be removed from the water for pictures but that so far has only been implemented on some protected species in places like Florida.

Until they make it specific that taking a picture of a fish(out of season or say not legal for whatever reason) is illegal then a guy is fine.

This is funny too! Ontario has charged people in past for taking pictures of out of season fish! Seems people need to pay closer attention to regulations!
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 09:14:11 am »

This is funny too! Ontario has charged people in past for taking pictures of out of season fish! Seems people need to pay closer attention to regulations!
[/quote]

For species like sturgeon? It is definitely something to be aware of, I don't know of any cases against it here in AB thankfully.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 10:25:16 am »
Just checked the revised points distribution and min. size.

Bullhead and Sauger min. lengths reduced from 14 inches to 13 inches.
Thanks to who ever asked for this change !  :)

I see quite a few new Canadians registered and am sure more will join the fun.
Some teams are looking for members.
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 08:57:22 am »
Looks like there is a Quebec team this year.

Yakadians ( or is it Yakadiens ?  ( CH ))

Can't wait to see what they catch.

https://www.kayakwars.com/team.php?teamId=9540

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 08:54:44 am »
M.A. just posted a couple burbot. That's wild, night kayak fishing in April, with the ice just off.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 10:35:22 am »
Need more lakes to thaw! Probably still another couple weeks before our lakes start opening up.

Been trying to keep up to mdcoats but not enough open water to do so.

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 05:54:42 pm »
Hopefully I'll have some kitty's to post this weekend. Let kayak season 2017 begin

Offline Terrannator

• Local Pro
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2017, 03:09:17 pm »
I'm surprised they haven't lowered the Yellow Perch size to 10". Seems to be only a few places out here to get one over 11" and they are pretty scarce compared to the number of walleye over 16".

Offline Terrannator

• Local Pro
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2017, 03:22:22 pm »
Also I'm thinking I'll join KW this year again so if anyone is looking for another person on their team let me know. I fish mostly pike and walleye now that I'm back in Saskatchewan.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 10:26:21 am »
I'm surprised they haven't lowered the Yellow Perch size to 10". Seems to be only a few places out here to get one over 11" and they are pretty scarce compared to the number of walleye over 16".

Yeah especially considering they are only 5 points and 25 per month. At 10 in some people would fill them easily but still only 125 points lol.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2017, 10:05:25 am »
Slowest start to the season ever here and on top of that it's snowing this morning !
Happy, caught a kw brookie on the weekend, not far from home either !

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2017, 10:26:21 am »
Slowest start to the season ever here and on top of that it's snowing this morning !
Happy, caught a kw brookie on the weekend, not far from home either !

Slow for fish or ice off? Lots of our lakes still frozen. Most lakes supposed to legally open for angling next week but many of them won't be ready and will be slow fishing because they are so far behind.

Had a great weekend caught a bunch of really nice rainbows and some pike. Slowly catching up to the leaders, need some more open water to keep up the pace though.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2017, 10:36:54 am »
Slow fishn mainly due to cold water temps, cold winds and flooding !

Offline Spyman48

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 11:46:31 pm »
Took 3 outings and 3 different spots on my home body of water, finally found some walleye. Caught 11 today, 4 scored for KW. Last year I struggled to get 16inchers,95% of the fish I got were 12-14in. Looks like the year class I was getting last year has grown a bit. All fish caught today were at least 14in.
Home water is Bay of Quinte!!!!!

https://www.kayakwars.com/angler.php?angler-id=5303
See my Kayak Wars Catches.

Tags: