Recent

Author Topic: KW 2017  (Read 15625 times)

Offline Dave

• Seasoned Angler
Re: KW 2017
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2017, 06:41:10 am »
Sorry about your phone and gps!  Pike really start to fight once you get them in the kayak.  My last couple pike I have left them in the net for a pic on the board.  See you on the weekend at the BCC!
Dave
Woodstock, Ontario
Coosa, Hobie Outback

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2017, 08:39:55 am »
While trying to take measurement pic of my personal best pike he thrashed and knocked my Gps overboard which was tethered, so I have no clue how. I cursed a few times while I watched it sink to the bottom. Still had the evil pike in my lap, so again tried to take pic. He went ape shit crazy and I watched my cell phone sink to the bottom. Worst 2min of my kayak fishing career. I usually use a water proof camera for my fish pics, but the battery was dead that morning. A series of unfortunate events.

That sucks, yeah I always use a water proof camera and have it tethered to boat. I learned the keep a spare battery in the car or tackle box lesson as well.

Big pike are tough to measure, they especially don't like being out of the water for a while so need to have everything set up and get them out and back in quickly.

I lost what I am pretty sure was around a 40 inch pike yesterday. Had another one follow my lure that would have been a personal best, it had to of been close to 48 inches and 30 lbs.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 09:02:32 am »
Nice to see an Ontario team leading the Canadian Team Saltwater division.  :D
Michael also caught a kayak wolffish!  Wow ! I remember bugging Jeff Goodreau to catch one of those.
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 09:57:22 am »
Ive been forgetting to hit the stats sheet because of lack of bringing board here n there and vacationing. Not missing much anyhow due to the lack of participation from others losing interest. And if any of you have read the fine print. There is zero listing of prizes and what way they will be orchestrated when they are given out. All years previous were laid out . This is a good thing, because they can likely switch up top dogs for draws instead otherwise same winners will likely put this site in peril due to same old same old. After all it is a freindly contest.
Not losing interest, very hard to get out without a drivers license! My difibulator went off so MTO pulls my drivers license for 6months which does not end till July 13, then it takes another 2 weeks to process so end of July :-\ So expect a surge of activity in August from me brother ;D ;D ;D 8)

Jeremy,
I just read this, I hope you're doing okay and feeling better.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 04:32:04 pm »
New channel Cat and kw pickerel records. My gar got knocked down, cause whole fish not in pic. At least my board shows numbers ...

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2017, 08:53:51 am »
Wont be changing the CKA pickerel record, that KW fish is at least an inch off the stop.
MA's red river cat is big alright, hope a Manitoba native beats that one soon, with a good pic. !
MA's pic. good, he caught a few over 30" during his short visit, can see on his KW profile.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:42:09 am by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2017, 03:43:43 pm »
Actually more than a few. MA would have 11 tickets for the paddle draw if he had waited a day. Caught 11 cats over 28 inches in one night !!

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 06:27:59 am »
Great to see Jeremy is back up and out catching some fish on the open water. And some great TEAMwork with the boys up North. Plenty of slams and individual fish species unable to process due to abundance of maxed out species which is awesome. Great time trying to locate them down here with all the competition surrounding us daily. Hope to see some more species added to the board. Local competition lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:28:40 am by shooter »

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 09:34:20 am »
That doesnt look like Jeremy lol.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2017, 10:23:36 am »
Lol . I love ❤️ the wildlife i see when i hit the water. That same day spotted 2 mink/bald eagle/osprey/turkey/deer/ and all the oddball river stuff. Right across from the heart of Detroit industrial foundry area

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2017, 03:20:02 pm »
KW sure is turning into a "Snotfest" in Canada region. Small pike accounting for the most points.

They account for like 37% of my own points, so guess not complaining.

Miss "Troutmafia" team from 2015 with their Lake Michigan trout and salmon, in the North -Central div. and MA with his Lake O salmon in 2015/16.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 03:33:37 pm by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2017, 02:46:17 am »
KW sure is turning into a "Snotfest" in Canada region. Small pike accounting for the most points.

They account for like 37% of my own points, so guess not complaining.

Miss "Troutmafia" team from 2015 with their Lake Michigan trout and salmon, in the North -Central div. and MA with his Lake O salmon in 2015/16.

I wish we had more to go for out here, only easy species are pike and walleye and neither are that much fun unless you can find big ones but that means driving for hours.

I have lost some motivation with KW with the lack of prizes being announced. I didn't even try to put up any points this month until last weekend. 1000 points on Sunday made up for it though lol.

After last year I thought the new organizers would step it up another notch but instead they seem to have taken after OZ and lost interest or something. Haven't even received anything for winning the skirmish back in May 3 months ago...

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2017, 02:13:40 pm »
Trivia time...Here's a pic. from backswamp's profile...what type of fish ( full name )?

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2017, 05:44:11 pm »
All i know is he 🎯 2 of my favourite species .But seriously only 2 species for 7000 points lol. (Garpike) and Bowfin and no team 😎. Maybe a need a trip there in the aquarium lol

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2017, 09:21:47 am »
No it is not a garpike. No such thing as garpike.  :D

It's a shortnose gar ! A magnificent specimen of one too. Looks a bit more like a croc. vs longnose to me anyhow. Think Backswamp has a few spotted gar too. Two types of gar that we don't get in Canada, or very rare.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:10:05 am by EagleEyesFlash »

Tags: