Recent

Author Topic: KW 2016  (Read 5629 times)

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
Re: KW 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 01:26:40 pm »
There is an all time record of your total inches which will not be accurate for me now. It was an error message from them and would not let me enter the fish unless I went with inches only no partial inches. there unit!

No prob here putting decimals in. Num Lock key ?
Anyhow Jason just corrected a bunch, now some new ones show...getting there.
So is $20.00 USD ( $26.67 CDN at moment..maybe wait a bit ) gonna scare people off for 2017 ?
 Probably some, guess less of us will be playing, but I'll be in and a few new faces too !
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 08:50:30 pm »
Ya at 25+ i don't know if it's worth it for me. I just use it as a way to keep track of my accomplishments over the year and I'm not sure 27 bucks is worth that.

But I did have fun this year. Did better then last.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 01:33:25 am »
Price went up but I am thinking next year we will see more skirmishes, more individual prizes and better team prizes. 20 USD is nothing, most of us waste that much on a regular basis. Heck I wasted 100 bucks today on more fishing tackle I didn't need lol.

I will definitely be entering again as I think the new owners did a great job in righting the ship and I think/hope they are going to step it up another notch next year. They stepped into a tough situation with the way Oz finished things, it would have been tough for them to get/keep sponsors but now that they have turned things around and proved to sponsors they are going to do things properly there will be a lot more companies wanting in.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 11:51:41 pm »
Look at what just arrived!

I can't wait to go test her out but first I will be spending a bit of time figuring out how I am going to rig it up.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 06:00:00 am »
Looks great. You will find that after awhile that chances are you wont want to take out the outback out  like myself. . Once you stand up it hards to seat down after, due to it being way better to see and fish. Portability also way better. Hope they start making other variations like solid molded plastic versions , id sell the outback and buy one. I tried buying a rudder kit for mine when windy out but they don't sell any parts separate. And fish finder would kinda be a pain because made more for portability. Less gear the better. the other issue i have with my paddleboard version is the pump. Would love to find a smaller version i could attach to the yakattack box for emergency air. Cam lock straps work great for quick tiedown and removal of box. Flipping this is more of a possibility then the yak especially if trying to stand up       

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 08:00:58 am »
Congratulations Tyler.

Maybe strap it to your back for a golden trout adventure ?  :)
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 09:12:34 am »
Congratulations Tyler.

Maybe strap it to your back for a golden trout adventure ?  :)

I wish it was lighter for doing that kind of thing. All rigged it is 65 lbs though so tough enough to lug around.

One of these days I am going to buy one of these for those kinds of trips.

http://www.alpackaraft.com/

Tags: