Recent

Author Topic: Removable Fish Finder. No Holes.  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Choke

• Yakin with Choke
  • Local Pro
Removable Fish Finder. No Holes.
« on: June 28, 2016, 11:16:39 pm »
I already had a lowrance elite 3x. With the ice pack that I use for ice fishing. So I picked my self up a dash a sail. I didn't want to put holes in my yak. So I put together this nifty little setup.

My solution to battery storage. A first aid kit bolted to the dash. I then bolted the fish finder to the first aid kit. I cut a hole in the side of the first aid kit. And added a grommet for the wires. Not water proof, but it is water resistant.

Once the dash is locked down. And battery is installed and hooked up. On the water all I do is toss the ice fishing ducer over the side of my yak and it's good to go.
The lowrance elite 3x ice pack comes with a suction cup open water ducer as well. I'm in the middle of modding it to go in my scupper. I'll ad pics once it's done.
Catching fish and snapping pics.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
Re: Removable Fish Finder. No Holes.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:23:22 am »
You should check out scotty's Transducer arm too. That may keep your transducer stationary and wont let it bang off the side of the boat.
I like your set up though. Very organized and simple.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
Re: Removable Fish Finder. No Holes.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 10:51:21 am »
Fishfindermounts.Com also make a great product. Magnets and a arm that can swing out of the way, as well as battery options
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta