Recent

Author Topic: KW changes to regional entries...  (Read 19734 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: KW changes to regional entries...
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »
Tons of views and angles on all of this. I believe them taking the input was fantastic but remember most guy got there teams up and running well before the rules were even set in stone. Not to mention what is actually up for grabs in the first place. Your right one more day to sort through with final rules and last minute details. Will be lot to sort through.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2016, 08:22:24 pm »
They announced the cap will go back to being a team cap for 2016. They are going to re-evaluate how to implement individual caps based on some of our comments(so sounds like they are going to work towards having both individual and team caps). They didn't say if they are going to try and implement that this season or will leave that till next season though.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2016, 06:55:22 pm »
Wow , all of this for a piece of paper if you are lucky.

http://canadiankayakanglers.com/forum/index.php?topic=4422.0

And maybe a koozie, and other token prizes. All praise Oz !

It's meant to be fun guys. Yes know how a team is made up can affect individual points,
if set up well you wont have too many fish you can not count. I've only had a few snot rockets
that I could not post. Goldman points, especially slams can have you doing things you
would not normally be doing, like it's sunset have a pike and a largie, got to get that 8" sunnie or 12"
crappie, but damn the largies are ever active, maybe there's another one over 16" over there, oh,
 will stick to small jig, yeah, another 7 1/2" bluegill!
Silly Silly game ! !

I'm just gonna type a bunch of random thoughts, and make sense of them how you like.

90 % of fish are in 10% of the water and 10% of the anglers catch 90% of the catch.

4 of the 5 Canadian KW career point leaders have about 50% of their points and inches from pike.

Way too many points and inches given to course fish, like drum, gar, sheephead, white bass ...
but every angler should have a few of them on their portfolio imo.

Yes we have an advantage with pike and smallies worth 15 pts up here, from my point of view
a 16" largie should be 15 points and a 15" smallie 10 points, a 20" pike 10 points and a 16" walleye
15 or even 20 points !

I really liked seeing  Dwc67 and Mtmouse entries last year, Quality over Quantity !

Trout Mafia rocked last year, awesome lake Michigan fish !

Homebrews sturgies rock too !

KC and Ravyak, way to show NA the wild wild west !

Was at another wake last weekend, and learnt again, a fish may give you a thrill, give you
a sense of accomplishment, but what is way more important is developing relations with
other people.

Fish on.  :)
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2016, 07:31:29 pm »
4 of the 5 Canadian KW career point leaders have about 50% of their points and inches from pike.

Way too many points and inches given to course fish, like drum, gar, sheephead, white bass ...
but every angler should have a few of them on their portfolio imo.

Yes we have an advantage with pike and smallies worth 15 pts up here, from my point of view
a 16" largie should be 15 points and a 15" smallie 10 points, a 20" pike 10 points and a 16" walleye
15 or even 20 points !

Pike are one of the main sportfish species in Canada so no surprise there really especially considering how easy they are to catch.

I agree that some species points and limits should be a little different then they are. The point system seems to be set up more towards the cooler fish then to have anything to do with how easy they are to catch, numbers of them etc(hence why salmon, musky, sturgeon, steelhead etc have higher points then trout, walleye etc).

One problem is trying to balance multi species over the entire continent. There needs to be region specific points for freshwater like there is saltwater. That wouldn't help Canada though until we get 2-3 more regions and 100+ more anglers taking part though...

With our current north america system I have to disagree about walleye. Walleye seem to be difficult for you but there are many places in Canada and northern US with easy walleye fishing so to me the 10 points and 16 in makes sense. For example there are multiple AB lakes where on a good day/weekend a guy could get the 50 fish limit. It actually amazes me that you guys don't have a good walleye spot out there, guess you guys just can't have everything lol.

To me your walleye is like say our perch. Darn near impossible to find a lake or spot worth targeting perch out of here and not worth enough points to travel for.

Offline Dave

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2016, 08:03:16 am »
Random thought:
95% of my drum are over the minimum size and get 10 points
10% of my largies are over the minimum and get 10 points
!00 % of my drum are caught while targeting other fish
All of my trophy largies (24 inch) are dreams
Dave
Woodstock, Ontario
Coosa, Hobie Outback

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2016, 10:53:54 pm »
Random thought, I just want to go fishing!
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Offline phattrick

• Old School
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2016, 12:13:10 pm »
Random thought:  Why am I taller than my brothers, but shorter than my sons.
cheers Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Tags: