Recent

Author Topic: KW changes to regional entries...  (Read 19286 times)

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
Re: KW changes to regional entries...
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2016, 08:41:11 pm »
This is a response from Jason @KW less than a half hour ago when asking for more clarification on the changes to rule #4.

"When you upload a fish, you will be required to declare what region you caught the fish in. This will apply the points to you based on the region you *caught* the fish in (before it would apply it based on where you live)."
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 10:54:03 pm »
I got a reply stating there will be changes made to the rules and the systems. Thankfully they seem to have a good understanding and look to have a decent idea for a compromise.

As for your other questions, we are about to post a new set of rules tonight which should explain more in detail. In short, we believe if you catch a fish in kayak you and your team will get points for that fish. Teams will still be based out of a region (3 or more) but this year at least 70% of the teams catches must be from the region they hail. Also, when you submit a fish, you specify which region you caught it. Stay tuned.

So US fish will count towards individual and team points but can only make up 30% of submitted catches. Not sure entirely how they would control that but I think it is a fair solution if they can make it work.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 11:15:55 pm »
Works for me!

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2016, 12:16:53 am »
Néw rules are up...
Appears that the 70/30 split is for participation/prizes.

Check out VII-2, that's how they can control the
70/30 split.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2016, 06:28:01 am »
Plenty of other new rules, just read carefully. I believe from the hundred of commonly submitted questions. Amazing. Perhaps a new witch hunt this morning for the other changes made like no cap species individual or say closed mouth pics. Someone must have launched a suggestion on these. Who could it be. Lets see for me i don't care just like the last changes. No speculated witch hunt for me. Hopefully we can get last years finals from Oz up and get this finished on his end before the start of new year off on weekend. Get back to good karma again.

Offline Jayce

• Greenhorn
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2016, 07:52:42 am »
Well again, seems more than fair idea with the percentages to make sure that no one is catching most of their (indi. Points) fish outside region. No witch hunt necessary. Question: why does anyone care about who is communicating with who about whatever,  in someone's elses online tournament? What's with all the BS drama? I don't see the benefit in knowing such things...

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2016, 07:58:14 am »
I'm just happy it's only Canadian fish entering the Canadian (region 10) team standings.

...fish face left??? OK, usually mine go right but OK...
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2016, 08:35:36 am »
I'm just happy it's only Canadian fish entering the Canadian (region 10) team standings.

...fish face left??? OK, usually mine go right but OK...

Ravyak is correct there is a 70/30 points split meaning that at least 70% of your fish caught have to be in Canadian Region water.

Check out VII-2, that's how they can control the
70/30 split.

that is how they will control it.

So to sum that up, 30% of fish can come from whatever other region you are fishing.

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 09:03:27 am »
The way I read it is yes, your team can enter fish from a US region,if more than 30% of your teams catch is from outside of region you are no longer an eligible Canadian team so no prizes. I still believe your Out of region catches will not count towards Canadian team totals.Nowhere does it say out of region catches DO OR DON'T count towards your Team.
So you could place well with just your Canadian fish in the Canadian region, but be ineligible because your teams catch rate is 40% out region.
That's how I read it.
Guess we will see
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2016, 09:21:04 am »
The way I read it is yes, your team can enter fish from a US region,if more than 30% of your teams catch is from outside of region you are no longer an eligible Canadian team so no prizes. I still believe your Out of region catches will not count towards Canadian team totals.Nowhere does it say out of region catches DO OR DON'T count towards your Team.
So you could place well with just your Canadian fish in the Canadian region, but be ineligible because your teams catch rate is 40% out region.
That's how I read it.
Guess we will see

No problem, but I have a confirmation that clarifies  up to 30% out of region fish count towards your team and individual point totals.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2016, 11:41:13 am »
That's how I read it.
Guess we will see

I posted my response from him stating they would still count. Website didn't seem to be set up that way but maybe they are still working on it.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2016, 12:14:32 pm »
Biggest change listed so far but few seem to have noticed is that the cap limit each month now is for individuals not teams. I hope they change it back though if they want to have emphasis on team aspect. If it is mainly going to be individual aspect this makes more sense though.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2016, 12:23:13 pm »
Great to see the new owners and people in a peacefull mode discussing options, changes without be attacked on there views. 

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2016, 12:28:03 pm »
Great to see the new owners and people in a peacefull mode discussing options, changes without be attacked on there views.

Yeah they are just trying their best to make everyone happy. Looks like a pretty good group running it so far, hopefully they don't get to overloaded and sick of it though, I am guessing they are putting a lot of work into things so far.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2016, 01:23:27 pm »
Couldnt agree more, and sure glad OZ excepted them as new owners. Could be alot different scenerio with a different owner that wouldnt take peoples views or difference of what they get outta KW.

Tags: