Recent

Author Topic: KW changes to regional entries...  (Read 19436 times)

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
Re: KW changes to regional entries...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 02:05:09 pm »
What I've been told is Canadian waters/bordering waters only count towards your team and international totals. More or less...no USA fish to be entered to win Canadian region...finally

Brent i believe it is to make a Canadian fish a Canadian caught fish and not about the angler. This way a USA caught fish becomes a record caught Canadian fish. If that same guy (Canadian) say catches a record SW region fish it will become the record there and not Canada.

Yeah, we all understand, just a bit tricky explaining it.
We haven't seen the bigger picture yet.
Like species out of an anglers home region can be used for Gold Points, don't see why not?
Also sure hope fish caught out of an angler's home region count for Total Career points and
also that they show up on his/her profile. Still waiting for the profile page updates too, like
tallies and PBs.  :)
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 02:20:17 pm »
What I've been told is Canadian waters/bordering waters only count towards your team and international totals. More or less...no USA fish to be entered to win Canadian region...finally

I still think its stupid and I hope Canadian members that are forced to fish US waters to catch decent fish upload them in the Canadian section. I want to beat the best at their best not win because of stupid technicalities...

Region should be based on where you live not where you fish. Why on earth should a guy from say Windsor be forced to enter on a US team just because that is where he mainly fishes(and would it even be possible)...

US guys points still add up towards top angler even if they fish in other US regions. CAN guys fishing in US get screwed for both team points, individual international and individual US points. If I were from Windsor would definitely be voicing my concern on this change and making it known the issues it creates.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 02:32:57 pm »

I still think its stupid and I hope Canadian members that are forced to fish US waters to catch decent fish upload them in the Canadian section. I want to beat the best at their best not win because of stupid technicalities...

Region should be based on where you live not where you fish. Why on earth should a guy from say Windsor be forced to enter on a US team just because that is where he mainly fishes(and would it even be possible)...

US guys points still add up towards top angler even if they fish in other US regions. CAN guys fishing in US get screwed for both team points, individual international and individual US points. If I were from Windsor would definitely be voicing my concern on this change and making it known the issues it creates.

yes, I agree!  Has not been a problem for the 4 years that I have been fishing KW. (1st year fished US team, no Canadian Region)  What is the big deal with leaving it how it was?  In Windsor we only have big water to fish, no inland lakes, need to travel almost 3 hours to find smaller lakes and rivers (that have fish). I and others from Windsor buy US licenses to fish.  We live on a border and it is easier for us to cross into US to fish.

I think the only reason it would change is if someone asked. ::)

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 02:34:14 pm »

Why should American caught fish count towards a team in Canadian region. They don't count if I'm registered in SW USA and try and enter freshwater fish from NE. Same exact thing.
Read the last part of the rule #4! It's easy to understand and from what I understand even Windsor guys not just AB asked for this change.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 02:38:14 pm »

Why should American caught fish count towards a team in Canadian region. They don't count if I'm registered in SW USA and try and enter freshwater fish from NE. Same exact thing.
Read the last part of the rule #4! It's easy to understand and from what I understand even Ontario guys,BC and AB asked for this change and the new owners agree and werent aware this was happening
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 03:00:23 pm »
The only reason I participate in Kayak Wars is for the registry of logging my fish that I catch each year.  Now because of some insecure individuals, I no longer have a reason to participate in Kayak Wars.    I am sure there are others that may live near borders that might feel the way I do. 

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »
Read the last part of the rule #4! It's easy to understand and from what I understand even Ontario guys,BC and AB asked for this change and the new owners agree and werent aware this was happening

Wrong, it all depends on how the awards are done and we don't know how that is going to happen yet. If there are awards based on the US top angler category for individuals then NE fish would count for US anglers in SW USA. US fish wouldn't count for CAN members though, hence why Windsor guys are potentially getting screwed the most of all participants by this restructuring as it effects their individual standings as well as team standings.

The fact you think you have a disadvantage because these guys have to fish US waters is laughable. There is much better fishing in Canada and no reason to try and handcuff these guys based on their location. We would have probably had an AB team that could compete against the eastern guys if we would have just worked together but your goal have always been individual and that is why your team always fails, not because these guys fish US waters...

As I said earlier, I hope Windsor guys just enter their US fish as CAN fish(unless doing a trip to Florida or for maybe entering record fish). Lets keep the competition so that us Canadians can compete fairly against each other. Keep it up Curtis and you won't have any competition left anyways, but hey at least I guess you will win by default...

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 03:41:09 pm »
"Lets keep the competition so that us Canadians can compete fairly against each other."

Exactly.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2016, 03:58:59 pm »
With the hundreds of guys involved from southern states to northern states to canadian fisherman i find the witchhunt pretty much nonsense. I believe pointed this post out early on to let guys he saw this. I posted it also on kwar this morning after reading the rules over. But to start accusing people point blank or in there area is complete nonsense. Unless some one has a crystal ball or physic  ability to know the unknown. There are hundreds of people on the site with north/south ties like ourselves that could want this. As for me personally dont care. New owners will take all new ideas , suggestions and do as they see fit for this year. And all the best to them. Let the games begin and all the best to everyone.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2016, 04:00:04 pm »
And still looking for a west coaster to finish up out cross canada team. BC guy

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »
I think it will continue on the way it was that Canadians will post in canada.
If it was me I would allow cross border fishing in nabouring states only.
I think this is more to stop say a guy from New York going down to Texas and landing one of there monster 12lb larges and uploading it this region.

I can see the argument that if u mostly fish in the US then join a US team.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 05:29:54 pm »
To keep things simple would be to allow the region that Michigan fishes. 
I could live with that.

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 05:31:51 pm »
"AB team that could compete against the eastern guys if we would have just worked together but your goal have always been individual and that is why your team always fails, not because these guys fish US waters..."

Well... I didn't know failure constituted finishing in the top 2-3 Canadian teams every year, Id say we succeeded every year.
Not everybody needs to be on top to be successful. AND if my goals were individual or need to win based I would have joined a team that I could guarantee a win with...the option was there... :)
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Jayce

• Greenhorn
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 08:08:03 pm »
Come on guys, keep it Canadian pure and simple!

Apparently, I am also affected by the change, since I frequently tour the USA and fish in a variety of US waters. It can be said that it was unfair the old way for other Canadians too.

FISH ON!!

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 08:31:33 pm »
We all participate for different reasons. The first year I participated when there was no Canadian region, not one American came forward and complained that I got to fish Canadian and American water. 

Tags: