Recent

Author Topic: KW 2016 who's playing ?  (Read 14317 times)

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
Re: KW 2016 who's playing ?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2016, 01:53:47 pm »

I do know that they have changed the rules slightly that fish for the Canadian Division must be caught in Canadian waters or waters bordering Canada, like the Great Lakes, only. Seems to level the playing field a little. now everyone is waiting for open water to start hammering them..

Don't think that is correct as how I read the rule  70% of your team's catch must come from your region.   Otherwise I interpret the rules to mean that you can fish any region and enter fish as long as it doesn't exceed 30% of your Team's catch.

Individual anglers and teams of anglers are all welcome to participate. Individuals and those on teams will be eligible for individual prizes. Team prizes will be awarded to those on valid teams. A valid team consists of 3 to 5 people registered to a region, with at least 3 members living in the team’s region and 70% of total catches from the team’s region. Team members may be added to reach a max of 5 after the season starts. All movement between teams is restricted after March 30,2016 unless reviewed with the Organizers and approved at their discretion.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline PikeYaker

• CKA TEAM - Tournament Planner
  • Seasoned Angler
  • Leave nothing on the beach but footprints!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 02:00:44 pm »

I do know that they have changed the rules slightly that fish for the Canadian Division must be caught in Canadian waters or waters bordering Canada, like the Great Lakes, only. Seems to level the playing field a little. now everyone is waiting for open water to start hammering them..

Don't think that is correct as how I read the rule  70% of your team's catch must come from your region.   Otherwise I interpret the rules to mean that you can fish any region and enter fish as long as it doesn't exceed 30% of your Team's catch.

Individual anglers and teams of anglers are all welcome to participate. Individuals and those on teams will be eligible for individual prizes. Team prizes will be awarded to those on valid teams. A valid team consists of 3 to 5 people registered to a region, with at least 3 members living in the team’s region and 70% of total catches from the team’s region. Team members may be added to reach a max of 5 after the season starts. All movement between teams is restricted after March 30,2016 unless reviewed with the Organizers and approved at their discretion.

They flip flopped... originally when I heard, it was going to be 100% had to be from Canadian Waters or bordering. Makes it tough for Albertans who have 3000 lakes in 668,000 sq km and no lakes close in the states to fish within a 12 hour drive to compete with people in Ontario who have 250,000 lakes in 1 mill sq kms and tons of US lake an hour or two drive away.

Oh well.. Not my concern.. no time for it this year anyway
Mike Zilkowsky

Wilderness Systems Fishing Kayaks Pro Staff
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Scotty Fishing Products Pro Staff
Blackfalds, AB

Wilderness Systems ATAK
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 130X
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 Angler

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 04:09:43 pm »
They flip flopped on a lot of things.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 04:27:43 pm »
They flip flopped on a lot of things.

And maybe stuck on how to program the changes too.  :-\

I'm looking forward to the final product of the website like everyone else, and
really hope it is better or at least matches the previous one. Complete angler
 and team profiles with tallies and PBs, and the stream of recent catches, with
angler's name and date are missed. Kudos to the new owners though, looks like
they are up to the challenge and am sure they will have a surprise or two for us.  :)

Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 05:41:41 pm »
They flip flopped... originally when I heard, it was going to be 100% had to be from Canadian Waters or bordering. Makes it tough for Albertans who have 3000 lakes in 668,000 sq km and no lakes close in the states to fish within a 12 hour drive to compete with people in Ontario who have 250,000 lakes in 1 mill sq kms and tons of US lake an hour or two drive away.

Oh well.. Not my concern.. no time for it this year anyway

Out of the quarter million lakes in Ontario how many are within close driving distance for these guys? Go ahead and count them, should have plenty of fingers.

http://www.anglersatlas.com/search#map=9/-9140645.59/5209336.35

Compared to red deer same distances, sorry have to use 4 links for that. Better grab a pen and paper...

http://www.anglersatlas.com/search#map=9/-12763454.98/6755504.56
http://www.anglersatlas.com/search#map=9/-12574196.9/6751224.09
http://www.anglersatlas.com/search#map=9/-12564107.21/6908990.11
http://www.anglersatlas.com/search#map=9/-12770181.44/6908990.11

But yeah, lets handcuff them just so we out west can easily win.

2 of top 3 anglers were from Alberta and a team of good Alberta anglers willing to work together could easily compete as well. Lets forget about this stupid topic, it doesn't need to be brought up every few months...

Offline phattrick

• Old School
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2016, 05:02:36 pm »
But are there fish in all those "lakes".
Cheers Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2016, 05:29:24 pm »
But are there fish in all those "lakes".
Cheers Rick

Does it matter? Take away 100 of the AB "lakes" listed and a few of the Windsor ponds and its still obvious which area has far more kayak friendly fishing opportunities...

Windsor guys are just lucky to have better all around fishing for many more species in the couple lakes they do have close by...

We should all be happy there isn't a kayak fishing team based in Kenora region. They would likely whoop all of us...

Offline phattrick

• Old School
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2016, 01:14:29 am »
Does it matter?  Are you serious? Its a site about Kayak fishing and a thread about a fishing contest..
so yeah it matters  F..k me I can't believe you said that.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2016, 08:27:45 am »
For those that aren't familiar with the water we have to fish in Windsor.  Other than Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair, and the Detroit River (which is very weather dependent) we would have to drive over an hour to Rondeau Bay which is usually choked with vegetation (not real pedal friendly, but doable) and other than that it is like 3 hours to inland lakes.   Driving to the US gets us on the non windy side of Lake St. Clair for the days that we can't get out on the Canadian side.  Still an hour or more.  Costs are weighed by being able to fill tank with cheaper gas no matter what the dollar is at. 

The reason most of us in Windsor/Essex County have Hobie Mirage DRive Kayaks is so we can get out on days that a guy in a paddle kayak won't or can't.  Even when you venture out in the morning, by noon the wind is blowing where getting back to launch is difficult with pedaling, couldn't imagine trying to paddle.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2016, 11:15:37 am »
Does it matter?  Are you serious? Its a site about Kayak fishing and a thread about a fishing contest..
so yeah it matters  F..k me I can't believe you said that.

You totally misunderstood my comment... What does it matter if those ~200 "lakes" it shows hold fish or if only 30-50 of them hold fish? Windsor still only has 3 and 30 >>> 3 is my point...

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2016, 08:47:26 am »
Looks like it is a 70-30 split...

With the new changes to the site you can see that Spymans points haven't been put towards the totals and looks like they won't until some in region catches are entered.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:38 pm »
Looks like it is a 70-30 split...

With the new changes to the site you can see that Spymans points haven't been put towards the totals and looks like they won't until some in region catches are entered.

Either they have the split set up and working or they don't have the system set up properly to count US fish to Canadian teams.

His Snook isn't counting under US SE individual points for some reason either.

And the US fish aren't counting towards international individual top angler as they should imo.

Still have some work to do on the system obviously but I am sure Jason is swamped as the site is still missing a lot of info and not working in other regards too(international team fresh and salt water points not working either).

I messaged Jason a while back about the international team freshwater not working, I believe Spyman has messaged him about his issues but if not should definitely do so.

I am still blown away they decided to throw out the old website and start over. Probably going to be a couple months before everything is working properly.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 05:15:46 pm »
Regardless, when it is calculated, I asked for an interpretation, explaining to him that most of my fishing in the USA will be in March, April, May and June.  He said it will only matter at the end of the event.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2016, 05:17:24 pm »
Regardless, when it is calculated, I asked for an interpretation, explaining to him that most of my fishing in the USA will be in March, April, May and June.  He said it will only matter at the end of the event.

That is what leads me to believe it is other issues with the system not that it is the 70/30 split. Lots of errors on the website but if we keep pointing them out they will get them fixed.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2016, 07:19:03 pm »
That is what I figured.

Tags: