Recent

Author Topic: A Glimmer of Hope  (Read 8651 times)

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
Re: A Glimmer of Hope
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 02:30:08 pm »
Just out of curiosity, why would anyone fork out their hard-earned cash and buy the site? Is it possible to make any money from it or is it just a way to spend a bit more money they can afford on their hobby? Not to mention the time involved in running it.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 04:57:41 pm »
I think easy enough to make a grand or 2 for the first year or 2 till the name gets restored, then maybe 5-10k fallowing years. But to put up 20k an a chance that you can restore the name is to risky to me.
But I hope someone is willing to take the risk I had a ton of fun with the tournament.

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 05:01:48 pm »
According to FB he will announce new owners tonight. Put up a pick of some shipping receipts from today, so apparently he has been lying for months about having sent things. Could see Tsquareds in top corner.
I might play again in a year or 2 once KW shows that they might be worth my time again.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:04:13 pm by Kayak Curtis »
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 05:03:37 pm »
Yep . Just read it. Due diligience achieved  for 2014.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 05:22:02 pm »
It will be interesting to see what the new management does if they get things up and going right away for 2016. Still need results etc from 2015 too.

Will have to see what happens with the new ownership if I will take part again or not. This summer will be more about trying to break some records and personal bests, less about numbers.

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 05:44:28 pm »
Curtis, I don't agree with you often but I have to this time...lol....it's been nothing but lies....compare this to any other product you may want to purchase and nobody would put up with it...why is it sorta ok here?  I am truly hopeful that it can be saved as I too enjoyed the game...but most of all...I really really hope that Shooter gets the recognition that is deserved for 2015.  He fished his ass off....was out there almost everyday to put those numbers up...that is fishing dedication...it's way more than I could have done and many others too.  Shooter deserves the 2015 Outback hands down.  It was a competition...that means the one who competes the best, wins.  If it was a site to keep stats it would have been called Kayak Stats...I don't want to take away from that aspect of it either, but in my opinion...you call something a competition, that is what it is...a family event is a family event...a fun day is a fun day..etc....anyway...congrats to all the top finishers..I hope you get what you earned...and I really hope KW has a future.  I would do it again.
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 05:57:22 pm »
Yipee Kayak Wars is still going to exist! Looking forward to the announcement of the new management! With all the whining from Canadians don't know if they will let us play :-\ Here's hoping!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:58:14 pm by Flyfisher »
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 06:29:53 pm »
looks like BoKnows gets it, it was a competition that a couple of us have committed a huge amount of time, energy, and money to compete in and stay at or near the top. & yes SHOOTER is the MAN

Huge difference between whining and being fed up with the lies and saying something about it.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 07:34:14 pm »
Says he will announce the new owner tonight so I guess we will find out in a month or so hahaha

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 11:25:04 pm »
Curtis, I don't agree with you often but I have to this time...lol....it's been nothing but lies....compare this to any other product you may want to purchase and nobody would put up with it...why is it sorta ok here? 

How much did you pay for this "product"?

looks like BoKnows gets it, it was a competition that a couple of us have committed a huge amount of time, energy, and money to compete in and stay at or near the top. & yes SHOOTER is the MAN

Huge difference between whining and being fed up with the lies and saying something about it.

Not that big of a difference since you should have expected it to be run the same as last year...

Having run a free tournament its a thankless job and kayakwars would have been a lot more work then my stupid little tournament... It probably cost him money to keep things going and send out prizes and all he got in return is headaches and people attacking him on facebook etc...

He is getting things done by the looks of it. New owners were announced, 2014 prizes have been shipped out and 2015 prizes are to be announced early Feb and shipped out. 2016 kayakwars is supposedly a go and being planned as we speak by the new owners.

Now you guys have 2 choices. Sit, whine and choose not to take part in 2016 or show the new owners some gratitude and support and hope they run things better. I hope at least some members on here will choose the latter, it would suck to win the Canadian division by default lol.

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 11:53:29 pm »
Just calling it the way I see it...Pretty sure I mentioned I hope it works out in the future as I'd be participating again in all likelihood. If you don't agree...well I respect that..you have your opinion too. 
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 06:18:20 am »
Thanks Rick /Curtis for the comments. I signed up for a year long event not partial and have for last 3 years. And this is a far harder event then any tournament out there to rise to the top.  Everybody's goals are different and don't fit into one category. I gave it my all for my team as well as myself for the goldman points. My goal was to get enough points to win a brand new hobie(which i cant afford to buy) which is far harder to win here then any tournament i've entered. And hopefully with help of team also achieve top 3 spot. I will certainly be in this years far bigger and better Kayak Wars and again out to play. New team to be rounded up right after announcement. All great news  future kayak wars . The glimmer of hope is back!

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 08:37:52 am »
Looks like the craziness might not end.

Okay time to plan for 26 species; 5 new, and about 5 new KW and CKA records.  :)

Anyone know about the new owner Bryan ? Where about 's he is based and
affiliation's ?
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 09:47:05 am »
Sounds like some great goals Brent. No info from Eric about new guys but certainly sounds like a good couple of guys to make the site bigger and better with more events planned.

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 05:28:11 am »
Its funny Rich in a Pm I was just treated like crap from Curtis because of a opinion I expressed on KW, treating me like I don't understand what tournaments are all about etc.... Been doing tournaments for 30+ yrs and run them too.
And your right we all do have different goals. One of the things I've always been proud of is all my fish except one on KW has been caught on artificial lures, but then again "I'm not one of the top anglers"
Guess the bottom line is we are all in this for our own reasons! I have a heart function of 25% and have many medical conditions that go with it, but you know what this year my Kayak war team is Me and my 3 sons ! Can't get better than that, in my humble opinion!
Shooter " great job this year man, I hope you get the credit your dew for all the hrs spent"
Blessings,
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Tags: