Recent

Author Topic: Your Ascend FS128T and FS12T Opinions  (Read 4756 times)

Offline rocketball

• Old School
  • Native Watercraft SLayer Propel 13
Your Ascend FS128T and FS12T Opinions
« on: December 15, 2015, 08:07:33 am »
Can anyone give me an honest opinion of the Ascend FS128T or FS12T that basspro sells? I am still in the hunt for a 2nd kayak. I want something stable that I can stand on and comfortable for long day trips. I really like the predator's and the Feel Free Lure but man I like the price tag of that Ascend. Just never been sold on those big store kayaks. However this Ascend seems to get really good reviews, and for a 2nd kayak that will only be on the water 10-12 times per season it may be great deal.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: Your Ascend FS128T and FS12T Opinions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 08:23:55 am »
Ive watched a few online reviews online because i thought it seemed like a descent yak. However upon watching has quite a few issues . Perhaps watch a couple and might give you a better perspective. There are always great deals on kijij or craiglist for buying a second hand yak in great shape and perhaps perfect for a second lightly used yak . Good luck

Offline rocketball

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 08:28:24 am »
Thanks shooter...I have watched a few reviews and there are a few issues with these kayaks. I just keep thinking for a 2nd yak that may be alright.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 08:43:26 am »
Maybe Joe (Homebrew) has something he might be trading up for new for next season. I don't believe he is that far from you. No tax is always better also.

Offline rocketball

• Old School
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 08:46:42 am »
Yeh Joe has a Trident 13 that he is unloading...I actually just sold a T13 2 weeks ago. Wanting something different than the Trident. Something with a better seat and more stable like my Slayer.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:13:31 am »
I see a Predator out your way on kijji. Might suit you and maybe can talk down because end of season .

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 10:02:17 am »
When I was in Louisiana this past fall competing in the KBF open, there was a fellow from Cinncinatti that had that particular Ascend.  It looks like a nice kayak, but made very cheap.  He had many problems while he was there, and I am sure will be in a different kayak in 2016.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline rocketball

• Old School
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 10:23:43 am »
When I was in Louisiana this past fall competing in the KBF open, there was a fellow from Cinncinatti that had that particular Ascend.  It looks like a nice kayak, but made very cheap.  He had many problems while he was there, and I am sure will be in a different kayak in 2016.

Yeh that was a wicked deal....its long gone unfortunetly!

Offline rocketball

• Old School
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 10:46:59 am »

Ah I will consider that...I am still very skeptical of these big store brand kayaks. That's why I wanted your guys opinion. thanks

Offline Str8Yakn

• Ultra Light
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »
I've had my FS12T for 2 years now and haven't had any of the issues that have been brought up in the reviews on it.  I can tell you that it's very stable which I experienced first hand at my first bad weather outting during the 2014 Eastslope Kayak fishing tournament and have been confident on the water ever since.
Joel Gaddi (TheGaddiman)

Wilderness Systems Radar 135
Ascend FS12T
Calgary, AB

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 07:07:52 pm »
Check out The price on a used predator MX and a few more nice deals & it's in Ontario.

http://www.grandriverkayak.ca/search?q=Used+boats
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 07:38:49 pm »
I have an FS10, sit in...it's my first kayak..$500 US...I have to say that this yak did me just fine for 2 years.  I kept it because it's a great skinny water kayak....for where I fish generally in current and big water, it wasn't the best kayak for that..however, I still love that kayak.  IMO, these big box brand kayaks are still worth looking at...I'd rather see someone in a cheaper kayak than not having one at all. 
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Tags: