Recent

Author Topic: Kayak Man Gold Points Race  (Read 22197 times)

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
Re: Kayak Man Gold Points Race
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 11:48:53 pm »
The perch at Obed didn't take a genius to figure out. My buddy used a trout spinner cause he was to lazy to tie on when switching over to perch and he nailed 'em. The Lure knowledge didn't hurt Obed.
Your mistake was posting 13" perch on public forums and letting people know the location. You just can't do that in Ab with limited fish bearing waters and huge fishing pressures. You find a spot you hold onto that bitch tight.
 Oh and there are still some huge ones coming out of there as recently as this past weekend.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 12:02:05 am »
The perch at Obed didn't take a genius to figure out. My buddy used a trout spinner cause he was to lazy to tie on when switching over to perch and he nailed 'em. The Lure knowledge didn't hurt Obed.
Your mistake was posting 13" perch on public forums and letting people know the location. You just can't do that in Ab with limited fish bearing waters and huge fishing pressures. You find a spot you hold onto that bitch tight.
 Oh and there are still some huge ones coming out of there as recently as this past weekend.

I didn't post my perch spot nor am I speaking of Obed perch...

There was a lake that a guy could go to and catch limit of 12-13 inch perch in an hour or two. A couple guys posted about it online and then you would go out there and see probably a 100 boats in a day on this little slough of a lake... Only a couple months later and there was barely a soul fishing and I was only able to dig up 1 9 incher in 3 hours, what would have been long enough to catch probably 50+ fish a couple months ago.

Myself and others probably shouldn't even post about Obed anymore. The fish in there are extremely smart but they make mistakes and that lake is getting hammered too hard now.

It sucks that a guy has to be so secretive about his quality lakes here but that is just the way it is. But you know all about that with your zipperlip lake lol.

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:30 am »
Well you did way more damage to Obed by posting those perch than you did with those browns. The browns were never a secret, and to think that you telling a person your method to catch them hurt the fishery. They are still tricky to catch big hogs and most people throw them back.i have seen first hand 3 over 10 including a 30"+ all landed in front of our boat and they all went back.  And once some of the other year classes grow abit there will be even more big browns.

I Might know your perch hole, might be my perch hole. Still pulling 11.5-12s on Sunday. Just took extra effort and had to weed thru 100s of 10"ers.

Zipperlip lake is right next to Nunya creek in Uwish county...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:55:52 am by Kayak Curtis »
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:38 am »
I can't believe the comments from members from this site on the KW forums.  No one else posted anything negative. Not a good representation of the CKA.
I cant control what other's say on other sites. That's on  THEM personally vs CKA. 
"This" site cant own everything everyone says somewhere else... That's not a reasonable expectation.
You could also then state its a poor reflection upon their employers, family, friends, neighbours, cats, Dogs etc etc etc.
Nothin

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 09:45:26 am »
Well you did way more damage to Obed by posting those perch than you did with those browns. The browns were never a secret, and to think that you telling a person your method to catch them hurt the fishery. They are still tricky to catch big hogs and most people throw them back.i have seen first hand 3 over 10 including a 30"+ all landed in front of our boat and they all went back.  And once some of the other year classes grow abit there will be even more big browns.

I Might know your perch hole, might be my perch hole. Still pulling 11.5-12s on Sunday. Just took extra effort and had to weed thru 100s of 10"ers.

Zipperlip lake is right next to Nunya creek in Uwish county...

Perch were never a secret at Obed either... There are always a bunch of boats out fishing for them, thankfully the big ones are like the big browns and know how to hide.

This spring alone I saw a dozen big browns taken out of Obed. There are very few fish in between 14 and 25 inches and once those big girls are gone it will take a few years to recover. It is a cyclical lake though and this has happened before, just have to make the best of it while there are some decent ones left.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2015, 10:39:18 am »
You crazy yak angler Shooter !
You're presently way ahead with 222 kayak man gold points.
Think that's more than Lusca got last year.
Forget Lusca and all hail Shooter.  :D

( Oh yeah, we are all still waiting for a carp from you.  ;):)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 11:19:13 am by EagleEyesFlash »
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2015, 06:19:12 am »
Thanks Brent. Goal was set to beat previous last 2 years and use this as a challenge to change up daily and go after more than  one type of fish if possible. Next years goal to fish new places and new adventures with more new people. And maybe a carp lol

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 11:29:45 am »
Kayak Curtis is catching up to you Shooter in the points race.
But guessing he'll get frozen in before you.  :D
I've fallen behind, was hoping for 400 fish, 5000 points, 87 more fish to go ...
Lots of us having record catch years.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 11:50:43 am »
now 79 to go...
Luv this time of year, if / when you can get out, for the big ones.
Sturgies, wallski, donkies ...
It should be prime LSC muskie time in a couple weeks too.
We are sure to see some trophy fish in the next month.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 02:58:06 pm »
Get that rod going Brent lol. Walleye have thinned out here , weather has sucked unless you are out during the week. Ski ,if i feel like a ride otherwise panfish time . Its your time to shine with the walleye. Id love to hit some walleye at this time of year. I wanna see you post some nice ones.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 03:40:05 pm »
Looks like I m going by myself Saturday, buddy working, other just cancelled.
Guess I could knock on some doors on the way home as a crazy kayak angler
and gather some treats. 
Big sheepie time.  ;)

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 10:53:23 pm »
Lol Shooter I wish we had your weather. Highs of 8 and 5 this weekend and been fishing in highs of 8-10 for the last 3 weeks now..

Forecast drops to highs of 2s and 3s after the weekend and last year our last trip was Nov 8th so probably this weekend or the next will be the last one this year.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:34 am »
Lets switch up . Super strong winds  for past month. Filthy waters and sharp temp changes. Third wacko fall in a row. Weekends have been awful for fishing. Id take the cooler temps, crystal clean waters and different species to catch Perhaps a nice trout for dinner lol.  I could perhaps chase out great muskies here this weekend but would rather hit the gill n crappie for winter feast like last year. Allowed 30  crappie and 100 gills. Ive achieve my goal already with goldman points. 232.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:57:09 am by shooter »

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2015, 04:17:58 pm »
Shooter you are at 222 gold points, typing from a phone ?

Got my drum and one's a dandy !
This happened just after a pic. of her, now know why you don't like the
Hawg Trough, not meant to put 20 lb fish on it.

now 73 to go ...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:31:29 am by EagleEyesFlash »

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2015, 04:43:21 pm »
Lol. Kayak world standard but weak n cheap the reason i dont like them. They could do trough like mine in a little thinner resin in there design and make a better one. As for the goldman 10 bonus for records 232 .
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 05:50:41 am by shooter »

Tags: