Recent

Author Topic: Kayak Man Gold Points Race  (Read 22221 times)

Offline Boknows

• Old School
Re: Kayak Man Gold Points Race
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »
got to agree with the KW thing...I've given up.  I understand it is a huge endeavour but if ya can't do it yourself, get help.  I have a feeling that the GOBC is going to set the stage for future shorter events to keep guys fishing all summer long for a little competition.  All in the name of fun of course.  Not to take anything away from Shooter or Brent or any of the guys that are keeping it up, more power to you and you all deserve a crap load of credit for getting out there and fishing as much as you do!!
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 09:42:37 pm »
This just in !
Flyfisher has just tied the Canadian KW Largemouth Bass record  at 21.5".
WTG Bud !

( Now don't you wish you had signed up for the GOBC ? , not too late... Midnight tonite ! )
Thanks Bud! And No, to signing up GOBC, I'll go out fishing with or with out competition you should know that by now!
Good luck to you all that are doing it though, going to be interesting! For me KW is just a way to keep track of how the fishing is going, Just hoping it does not end! Care less about prizes etc....bring on the fishin'
Fish on Brothers!
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 01:30:12 pm »
This just in !
Flyfisher has just tied the Canadian KW Largemouth Bass record  at 21.5".
WTG Bud !

( Now don't you wish you had signed up for the GOBC ? , not too late... Midnight tonite ! )

Thanks Bud! And No, to signing up GOBC, I'll go out fishing with or with out competition you should know that by now!
Good luck to you all that are doing it though, going to be interesting! For me KW is just a way to keep track of how the fishing is going, Just hoping it does not end! Care less about prizes etc....bring on the fishin'
Fish on Brothers!

Congrats on that Largie Jeremy.

I agree with you about KW just a tool to keep track of what I am catching and getting out.  I couldn't care less about the prizes, and GM points.  I like to go out and target a certain species with the specific tools.  New bodies of water occasionally without any knowledge of where to fish is also thrown in once in a while to learn how to analyze a body of water.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:34:36 pm by PikeCreek »

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:37:11 pm »
got to agree with the KW thing...I've given up.  I understand it is a huge endeavour but if ya can't do it yourself, get help.  I have a feeling that the GOBC is going to set the stage for future shorter events to keep guys fishing all summer long for a little competition.  All in the name of fun of course.  Not to take anything away from Shooter or Brent or any of the guys that are keeping it up, more power to you and you all deserve a crap load of credit for getting out there and fishing as much as you do!!

So far the management of the GOBC has been minimal time, pictures have been pretty good. I will add what lure or tactic you used to catch the fish, for the next event.  I can see a GOWC for April 2016.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 04:31:11 pm »
May wanna think again about the lure/tactic.  You'd be amazed how many people lost their minds over that in the AOTW

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 08:30:06 pm »
Thanks John
I will get a little input first then.  The way i see it the ones that dont want to share their fishing knowledge aren't the kind of participants i am looking for.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 11:05:02 pm »
Thanks John
I will get a little input first then.  The way i see it the ones that dont want to share their fishing knowledge aren't the kind of participants i am looking for.

Thats a very good poing

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 10:37:25 pm »
Thanks John

Maybe things are different out that way but here in Alberta any sane and intelligent fishermen knows to keep some waterbodies and/or lures secret. Our fishery here sees way too much pressure and when the knowledge of where nice fish can be caught or how to catch them sneaks out it can literally decimate a fishery in a matter of months. For example one of my perch lakes I found this spring was posted online and now just 2-3 months later it is pretty much fished out. I know because I just stopped by today to try and bring home supper and after a few hours of catching one 9 incher I realized I was too late...

Today was a good reminder why there are some lakes that I will never name even to some of my fishing buddies let alone on a public internet site.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 06:13:39 am »
Goldman point race on. Way to hit the water Brent and pick up those species and put yourself in no 3 position. Since Brent you are not a facebook guy, Kayak wars owner finally after months of no posts,punched up today the heavy workload hes had i will be making up for the nonsense lately. Will wait n see on that one however. Dogdays of summer have been pretty good this year

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 09:22:11 am »
Sure, everyone quit while some of us are having our best year yet.   :D

Got to agree not to take KW too seriously, and agree a big thrill is planning
and executing a trip for a rarer or hard to catch specie. Looking forward to
fall salmon and more muskie. Sure would like to catch a brook trout too.

I can see a GOWC for April 2016.

How about a GOWC for this December !  :D  Guess there wouldn't be too many participants.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:23:46 am by EagleEyesFlash »
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 10:32:41 am »
Yep it be nice for trips for me but BC in my site for next year. KW just a great stat and reason to get out and enjoy life and what it offers. Very limited December fisherman, mostly seasonal guys. Walleye Brent springtime here lol

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 07:38:26 pm »
Thanks John

Maybe things are different out that way but here in Alberta any sane and intelligent fishermen knows to keep some waterbodies and/or lures secret. Our fishery here sees way too much pressure and when the knowledge of where nice fish can be caught or how to catch them sneaks out it can literally decimate a fishery in a matter of months. For example one of my perch lakes I found this spring was posted online and now just 2-3 months later it is pretty much fished out. I know because I just stopped by today to try and bring home supper and after a few hours of catching one 9 incher I realized I was too late...

Today was a good reminder why there are some lakes that I will never name even to some of my fishing buddies let alone on a public internet site.

Naming a body of water is not the same as giving a location.  Even your best river guides will state the river they are fishing but not give up locations.  Keeping your lures a secret. Really?

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2015, 07:40:16 pm »
Sure, everyone quit while some of us are having our best year yet.   :D

Got to agree not to take KW too seriously, and agree a big thrill is planning
and executing a trip for a rarer or hard to catch specie. Looking forward to
fall salmon and more muskie. Sure would like to catch a brook trout too.

I can see a GOWC for April 2016.

How about a GOWC for this December !  :D  Guess there wouldn't be too many participants.  ;)

Ya Brent, there only a few of us crazy enough to get out in the freezing weather. ;)

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2015, 07:42:28 pm »
I can't believe the comments from members from this site on the KW forums.  No one else posted anything negative. Not a good representation of the CKA.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2015, 11:04:09 pm »
Naming a body of water is not the same as giving a location.  Even your best river guides will state the river they are fishing but not give up locations.  Keeping your lures a secret. Really?

If you knew about Obed Lake you would understand keeping a lure secret. When there are 20-30 people out fishing and thankfully only a couple can catch the fish the lake can survive, teach the others how to catch them and the lake is hooped.

Like I say maybe fishing is different down your way. I already have to drive 2-3+ hours to find most nice lakes, if I start opening my mouth about them I would have to drive even further.

Tags: