Recent

Author Topic: Predator MX Rigging  (Read 2912 times)

Offline TheRealCraigAC

• Ultra Light
  • BASS BASS BASS
    • Craig Tech Services
Predator MX Rigging
« on: May 03, 2015, 06:21:36 pm »
I will be picking up a old town predator MX this week for fishing saltwater, rivers and lakes (from Paul at Ecological Adventures). I've also ordered an aquabound manta ray hybrid paddle to accommodate the wider size.

The plan is to put two YakAttack gear tracks for rod holders on two front plates for each sides, no drill anchor trolley and a cleat on one side, scotty gear track and extendable arm for a camera mount on one of the rear plates, and a milk crate with PVC rod holders. As I will be trolling for big stripped bass, I will likely also put scotty mounts on the front two plates as even the metal YakAttack gear tracks may not hold up to a big fish.

I'm curious to hear how others rig theirs and any recommendations specific to this kayak. I will eventually add a fish finder.
If f = the optimal number of rods to own
and x = your current number of rods
then f = x + 1

Offline Homebrew76

• Seasoned Angler
  • Cheers!
    • NB Kayak Fishing Blog
Re: Predator MX Rigging
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »
Sounds like you've got it all figured out Craig!   Bet you can't wait for the weekend to get it christened!

Offline Noamurmac

• Local Pro
Re: Predator MX Rigging
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 05:33:05 pm »
Hey Craig with the drilless anchor trolley the zig zag clear works great, I use it, because you but your trolley through it one way and it holds it in place and then you can put your actual anchor line through the other way so it does double duty and holds bother lines great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: