Recent

Author Topic: spot report  (Read 967 times)

Offline otownyaker

• Global Moderator
  • Seasoned Angler
  • my arms are tired from catching all the fish
    • Otownyakers outdoor adventures
spot report
« on: April 04, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »
I know some fishers don't like to tell people about their spots, however I'm not one of those people.
So I was wondering. If john was to make a section dedicated to posting fishing hot spots (where when how with what)
Would ppl share their spots?
Regardless I will dedicate myself to share my knowledge of ottawa fishing spots and techniques. (once a week)
Would be awesome if we could get a bit of data on other places.
What are your thoughts?

Offline phattrick

• Old School
Re: spot report
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 02:36:35 am »
the CKA mega map hot spots posted
feel free to add as many as you can
cheers Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
Re: spot report
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:55:27 am »
if it's well known locally, or a busy spot already it's okay, but otherwise, I would suggest you do not get very specific.

where it's already a spot many go to, like a ice fishing village, not much harm can be done, other spots, welllllll. I can think of three personal spots I greatly regret telling anybody about. the first was an awesome spot for big, really big brook trout - as in record size. it's been a lot of years since I mentioned it, and I've never been the only one there since .  after this I was more careful, took a guy to a spot, made him swear on his first born he would tell no one - i should have been more specific, he showed some one, next thing I know I keep bumping into his whole crowd trying to fish this small little spot that produces trout in the middle of the summer...or at least it did. final one for me was mentioning on a forum I thought no one would look at (at least no locals or even from the same province). I was wrong. now you can't go there without having trouble finding a place to park...and I haven't seen a salmon there in 3 years.

so I'm not saying you shouldn't tell where some great spots are, just make sure they can handle the pressure, there are more fisher's reading this than you would expect. and they tell friends, and so on, and so on.....
whoever has the most fishing gear when they die wins!

Tags: