Recent

Author Topic: Hobie worlds 2015  (Read 4770 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Hobie worlds 2015
« on: March 05, 2015, 09:04:59 am »
Hobie Worlds this year held in China. Awaiting the Canadian qualifier. Hopefully the BCC, and hopefully another couple across Canada. Cross your fingers. Brush up on your Cantonese . Interesting fish species. Chinese perch , Topmouth Cutler. Yellowcheeks catfish .

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
Re: Hobie worlds 2015
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 10:21:42 am »
There's big fish in Asia, those yellowcheek carp get big. They are longer and more
slender than common carp .
Guess Hobie trying to sell more kayaks in China, must be an untapped market there.
It  will be an expensive trip, hope a least one Canadian makes it.
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:25:00 am »
Brent, the promo stuff I read says that there will be at least one, two man teams from each representing country..there is a team country division as well...so I'm hopeful that means what it says there will be at least two from Canada going
I looked at flights and it isn't all that bad...less than $1000 round trip ...I would assume that there would be some funding assistance somewhere along the line..from sponsers of Hobie Canada...what a great experience for whoever gets the chance to go.
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 10:48:31 am »
We need more events in Canada to qualify for this event. Really hope the BCC isn't the only one. Westerners deserve a chance to qualify as well without travelling several thousand KM.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:59:42 am »
Each qualifier has to supply money for the air fare. Current prices for the November 7th, to 16th trip is just over $1,000 (can$) round trip with Air Canada. 

Unless an event can raise the funds to #1- pay for the air fare which is one of the pre requisites of hosting a qualifier and #2 - also attract a dealer to pay for a Hobie Kayak to be given away during the event.  #3 - enough participants to raise the amount of money needed.

Not sure if the Canadian participant will be paired with another American, as in the past 2 Worlds the sole Canadian traveled with the American team.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 11:12:25 am »
Even in the US there has not been any representation from the Mid-West (US) in 4 World Championships  There are a lot of people fishing out of HObies in the MID-West that might think they deserve a chance.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:19:04 am »
It takes leaders to organize a hobie qualifier.
Canada wouldn't even have one if it wasn't for Rich's work.
Thanks again Richard !
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:16 am »
I saw the Hobie release last night, I got shills at the thought of fishing in China. Seriously, once in  lifetime opportunity for someone. First thing I did when I got to work this morning was email my local Hobie Dealer. If asked him what it would take to get a qualifier on the East coast, and what I can do to help make it happen. We've got the numbers here to make something like this a possibility, I think the key would be to run an event that brings in enough participants to make Hobie take notice long before they ever decide to make it a qualifier event. Rich has already done this, running the biggest event in the country (I think). Other Hobie Dealers and kayak fishermen all over the country need to step up and support events just like the BCC to generate the awareness and the participation so that Hobie Corporate takes notice and wants to get involved.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 11:35:07 am »
Well said transplant...

I asked our tourney organizer last yr about seeing if our event could be a qualifier. No word. Tourney in BC already has a Hobie as a prize.

If a tournament in BC or Alberta was made a qualifier I'm sure you would see as large a turnout as the BCC gets no problem. Raising airfare could then easily be done he way it was at last years BCC
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 11:39:52 am »
Nothing like the chance to go to China to motivate people to get it done...I think you are right on Transplant...to make it happen, people have to ask the questions, do things to motivate Hobie to work with them...I am lucky and fortunate that Richard took the bull by the horns a few years ago and got my area in the mix...it may not stay here but for now, I'm gonna fish my ass off to try to win that spot!
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 11:45:17 am »
Thanks guys, it has been easy and here in Ontario, dealers like Swift and Fogh who have been selling Hobies for a long time are the real ones to thank for such a concentrated presence of Hobie Kayaks in Ontario.  I bought my first in June of 2007 from Swift and my 2nd in November of 2007 from Fogh.

Offline Homebrew76

• Seasoned Angler
  • Cheers!
    • NB Kayak Fishing Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 12:03:25 pm »
I saw the Hobie release last night, I got shills at the thought of fishing in China. Seriously, once in  lifetime opportunity for someone. First thing I did when I got to work this morning was email my local Hobie Dealer. If asked him what it would take to get a qualifier on the East coast, and what I can do to help make it happen. We've got the numbers here to make something like this a possibility, I think the key would be to run an event that brings in enough participants to make Hobie take notice long before they ever decide to make it a qualifier event. Rich has already done this, running the biggest event in the country (I think). Other Hobie Dealers and kayak fishermen all over the country need to step up and support events just like the BCC to generate the awareness and the participation so that Hobie Corporate takes notice and wants to get involved.

I would be so pumped for something like this on the East Coast!   If it were ever to be put together, I'd do everything I could to make as many people as possible aware of it here in NB, and you know I would be there!    ...schedule permitting of course, I think I have one weekend still free sometime in September this year!

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »
Hobie Kayak sales probably play heavily into where the qualifiers are held. The number of Hobie kayaks in Ontario probably outnumbers the East Coast by 100:1. There's just not that many out here (yet). Not sure about the West Coast but it must be similar, just based on availability. Regardless, the more Hobies that sell in Canada, the more they're going to invest in tournaments. So everybody go buy more Hobies :)

On an unrelated note, how long until the Hobie Worlds is in Canada? I know it'll happen, it's just a matter of when. And where.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 04:25:42 pm »
Transplant lets shoot for next year. All good valid points.

Tags: