Recent

Author Topic: prizes  (Read 13412 times)

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: prizes
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 06:27:18 am »
My post finally made it up on kayak wars site. Visitor

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 07:33:21 am »
I hate SUPs, they're like the yuppie fad for fishing, they do nothing to make it easier to get at fish. But I realize that a lot of people like them, to each their own.

But that one looks sweet, and inflateable is definitely the way to go, stuff that in the trunk for trips when fishing isn't the primary goal, but you might get a chance to stop on a shoreline somewhere. Super cool.

Congrats on the win Shooter, despite the complete lack of support from the owners last year it still looks like some people will benefit from their hard work.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 08:36:53 am »
Thank. Yep i would have loved to get the outback that we all thought was up for grabs. However great prize and suits my up north or back woods areas. And has everything you need to get on right away and at only 50 lbs. And Hobie rep that i talked to said couldnt believe how rugged area you can hit with it.

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 10:05:28 am »
You will look good on that SUP Joe, congratulations.

For 2013 the person with the most Kayakman gold points got the outback.
For 2014, guess they didn't want a repeat winner so Oz made it a draw prize.
( you sure JOESPH won it in the draw Joe ?, thought OZ gave to point leader..Joesph..matanaska..North- West )
For 2015, I guess Oz was a bit bias ( keep outback in US ) and gave the outback to the point leader.
Prizes have been given in the past to the top 20 ( 2013 ) and then top 10 ( 2014)
in the gold point standings. In 2014 prizes were given also to the regional point leaders.
For 2013 certificates and token prizes given to top 3 teams and individuals in each region.
Some additional prizes were also given in the draw based on gold points, so that everyone with a gold point could win something for those years.

No word here on any prize, and I assume only the 2 Hobies have been given.

The new owners have dropped the word GOLD points and refer to Kayak Man points.
Hope they clarify, as per Otownyak's request.

In the rules somewhere, it has always been mentioned NOT to play, if your main intention
is to win something.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:47:52 pm by EagleEyesFlash »
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 10:50:56 am »
In the rules somewhere, it has always been mentioned NOT to play, if your main intention
is to win something.

Yes the rules used to state the following.

Prizes are awarded at the end of the KW season when all prizes have been collected from sponsors or 'made' in special for the prizes. In the event a sponsor is unable to fullfill their prize donation, EC and KW will do its best in obtaining a replacement for the individual(s). In all likelihood there will be a large amount of random prizes to be distributed to both top teams and/or personal achievements. Do not enter this in hopes of immediately securing prizes for top placement, but rather the avenue for enjoyment and entertaining others.

So pretty much Oz can hand them out to who he wants and depending on what he can get from sponsors.

As I mentioned there used to be a prizes page but it could have been years old for all I know as it was never linked to by the main website(think I found it by googling). It was the only place I remember ever seeing any prizes listed.

Either way, Outback or SUP or other options are cool and good prizes for this event. Some SUP's move surprisingly quick and I could see one being advantageous in sight fishing situations.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 10:53:20 am »
Yep Brent the layout wasnt even layed out for 2015. I have the info new owners had supplied to me.  And yes Joseph won the yak from goldman draw. I posted on site for someone else.  Clarity from the start would have been great for everyone and was just assumed. Thats why i tried my best along with new owners to get any info and confirmation. Plenty of guys like ourselves and others chased a chance at winning like others before. As for prizes left this year is at 18 and not sure what/when or where they are headed. Hope the best for yourself and others that finished near the top

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 11:17:35 am »
And Tyler great for your neck of the woods. Lol. Got $2150 plus tax.

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2016, 12:45:58 pm »
Kayak wars announced yours and Gene's prizes said the rest will be announced as shipped.

According to them Gene's prize was for the most points and yours was for most gold man points. So gold man points draws still haven't taken place or been announced yet. 

The new owners already have some sponsors lined up and are going to be announcing them shortly. They are planning to try and get prizes listed so people know what they are competing for this year which will be nice. 

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 12:39:32 am »
Got my prizes from last season. No notes with them so not sure if they are all for 1st Canadian points or what.

2 shirts(XL and M, L would have been nice but they will still work)
Hobie Water Bottle
2 Koozies
Paddle Leash
Rod Leash
300 lb leader material(perfect for perch and trout lol)

Tags: