Recent

Author Topic: BCC - Canadian Qualifier for 2014 Hobie Worlds in Amsterdam  (Read 12627 times)

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
BCC - Canadian Qualifier for 2014 Hobie Worlds in Amsterdam
« on: March 10, 2014, 03:31:51 pm »

The 2014 Border City Classic has been selected as a qualifying event for the 2014 Hobie® Fishing Worlds Championship to be held in Amsterdam October 5-11, 2014.

The highest placing Canadian angler will represent Team Canada 2014.

Due to the costs of overseas travel and scheduling considerations, the winner of this event has until August 1st to commit to attend. If the winning angler is unable to attend, the second place angler will be awarded the opportunity and have until August 115 to commit. . If in the case the second qualifier is unable to attend then the third place qualifier will receive the invite and have until September 1st to commit.

As a member Team Canada, angler’s will be required to wear official Hobie Fishing Worlds team gear at all designated times. Competitors will be responsible for travel, lodging and fishing gear.  The Netherland’s is a fantastic Pike and Zander fishing region for Europe.

Keeton Eoff
Hobie Fishing

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
Re: BCC - Canadian Qualifier for 2014 Hobie Worlds in Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 04:32:32 pm »
First of all the big congrats to fellow angler for this great event. Hobie having this as qualifier just shows everyone how great a fishery we have here in southern ontario. Can wait to meet new lads from across the way to join in on the fun and hopefully make this a yearly event here. Way to go richard

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:09:11 pm »
This is going to be the premier event for me this year for sure…having missed the previous due to work commitments, I've ensured that my schedule was open for this year and I'm really excited about it.  What an opportunity for someone to be able to have the chance to go to Amsterdam and represent our country for Pike, Perch and Zander ( just like our Walleye ) …this is an event that we could do well in!!!!!  Super excited to meet all the guys here on the forums face to face to share a great day of fishing!
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:07:51 pm »
Two years ago when I first heard about the Hobie Worlds I emailed the folks at Hobie and asked what their selection process was for representatives and although I got a reply, I never really got an answer. Last year I loved that Hobie used existing tournaments in the US as a means of qualifying for the worlds because it gave anyone a chance to qualify. I love that Hobie has brought the same opportunity to Canada, even if it's likely outside of my reach to take part this year. I realize it would be difficult to provide an opportunity that is accessible to all Canadians in a derby format like this, but I think the BCC is the best choice they've got. It's the tournament with the best numbers of participants, and being a one day derby it is the most accessible to the most number of people (as opposed to a year long series type format). I would like to suggest though, just for those of us further toward the coasts, the Kayakwars qualifiers in the US last year could easily be applied to the Canadian division this year too :) Good job with the BCC Rich, and good job getting Hobie on board to make this a qualifier. Fishing in Amsterdam is going to be an amazing experience for somebody.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline hoc

• CKA Team
  • Seasoned Angler
  • Delta Catfish, Necky Chatham
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 05:21:04 pm »
Awesome job, Richard.  Great news for the tourney.

Level Six Ambassador
Aqua Bound Ambassador
Redington Pro Staff
RIO Pro Staff

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:11:43 am »
thanks guys for the comments, wish I could post them on the other forum. As I expected there is a little backlash going form the OKFS.

I totally agree that with the numerous qualifiers that they will have, opening up the Kayak Wars (if they use KW this year) to North America  would be fair.  Only problem is that though the Fresh  Water is North America, salt water in Canada has its own registry.  Would it be possible to join the Canadian Salt Water with the American?

Offline SturgeonRod

• Seasoned Angler
  • Lifes to short to do anything half a$$
    • Sturgeon Rods Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 10:24:39 am »
This is awesome, I am in fact a bit miffed that I will not be able to attend this qualifier due to an immense distance and low fundage. It would be great to see an event out this way(GVRD or even BC). I do understand the circumstances behind this and wish all who attend the best. GO CANADA GO!!!

-Rodney-
-Rodney-

Pitt Meadows
British Columbia
Canada

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 11:40:25 am »
it's a distance but I'm sure that if you made the flight...we could conjure up a kayak for ya to use!!!! don't rule it out...it would be worth the trip...make a vacation out of it and who knows...you may be the one to represent us all in Amsterdam!!!
Windsor, Ontario

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 02:27:04 pm »
A few more qualifying events nationwide would be a nice touch for sure...
 Looking at last year there were several anglers representing the US.
 I could afford a trip to Amsterdamn or the BCC, but both is pretty much out of the question.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 02:48:11 pm »
KC Make the trip here….to the BCC….if you win…we will all work on sponsor's to help getting the winner there!  we are a kayak fishing family..no matter who goes, we are there in spirt and support so we should all help out in some way or another.
Windsor, Ontario

Offline SturgeonRod

• Seasoned Angler
  • Lifes to short to do anything half a$$
    • Sturgeon Rods Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »
KC Make the trip here….to the BCC….if you win…we will all work on sponsor's to help getting the winner there!  we are a kayak fishing family..no matter who goes, we are there in spirt and support so we should all help out in some way or another.
this is a good point, I could donate a few dollars to help support our country.

-Rodney-
-Rodney-

Pitt Meadows
British Columbia
Canada

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 03:21:41 pm »
I'm in for a donation to help with costs…if we all pitch in a bit…we can help whoever goes…we all know that we'll be following our canadian rep the whole trip…do we have more supports of this idea? 
Windsor, Ontario

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 04:12:43 pm »
The winner will be getting money to offset his flight.  If the event is well attended this could be a substantial amount.

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 04:48:52 pm »
I like it…all the more reason to attend…who knows…it could be anyone of us that get this opportunity!
Windsor, Ontario

Offline Flyfisher

• Seasoned Angler
  • John 3:16
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 05:21:28 pm »
Hey Rich,
Could they not run a tackle auction at the end of the tournament  and all proceeds go towards the person that goes to Hobie Worlds ?
Ocean Kayak Big Game, Pescator Pro 120, Trident 11

Tags: