Recent

Author Topic: Border City Classic  (Read 13219 times)

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
Re: Border City Classic
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2014, 12:50:35 pm »
Hey Rich, why not award a prize to the person who travels the longest distance from home to attend the BCC? About 20 years ago I won a t-shirt from Cottage Life magazine for traveling the 3rd longest distance to go to the cottage each summer - Vancouver to Lake Simcoe. A family going from Victoria to Quebec came second and the first prize went to someone traveling from Kuwait to Ontario each summer.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2014, 02:15:30 pm »
Sitting with travel agent and booking my flight and hotel for Sunday and Monday right now...
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »
Well done, KC! See you there. I'll be found in my lounge chair in front of Le Chateau Red Rocket (my little pop-top trailer) with a well camoflaged wobbly pop nearby.  8)
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 09:53:11 pm »
All registered and set to go...
Looking forward to meeting all of you, and catching fish that I have only seen in pics. For the Monday I'm  Tentatively thinking of renting a yak from River Canard Canoe and fishing the Canard.
Can't wait...
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline stroover

• Streamside Pro Staff; Hammond River Angling Association Vice President.
  • Old School
  • If you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy!
    • JC Cormier's Fishing Blog
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 12:55:45 pm »
KC, do you rent a yak when you get there, or do you check-in your yak at the airport?

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2014, 01:14:14 pm »
Thanks to the generosity of our forum members , several kayaks have been offered to me for use while i am down, and already arranged for the use of one of those. Will likely rent one for the Monday tho cause I'm assuming most people will be back to work. It looks like the Company drops them at the Canard river for you... I hope. Lots of time to iron out small details...
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2014, 01:38:47 pm »
No Kc everything good im off the monday and tues the official july 1 holiday for me .

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »
The BCC event had perfect weather and wind conditions that were spectacular. Hats off to Richard and all the guys that came from far and wide to attend the event. Im sure Richard and everyone else will add to the post pics and results. I also had a chance over the last couple days to fish with Kayak Curtis and EEF (Brent) and this morning we ventured out for some fishing. They managed to pickup some different species, and my goal was to get Curtis a huge drum before he gotta town and head back to Edmonton. The man had one happy face when he pulled in a nice size one. Brent also caught a few and was having some fun catching some white bass that were everywhere attacking minnows. I had a great time out there fishing with u guys and hope u make it back next year.Thanks

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 01:34:06 am »
If those freshwater drum are any thing like the red drum I was catching down in Florida they would fight pretty good. It blew me away the first time I caught a red drum, it was only 22 inches but I thought it was going to be much bigger the way it pulled my kayak around.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 05:07:25 am »
Yep they pull crazy in spurts . Great fish to catch and easy to handle. This monster i caught while out with them. Huge

Offline Ravyak

• Old School
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 03:15:54 pm »
That is a good size one, they look more like a black drum then a red with their body shape. Here is my best red drum from Florida.

Tags: