Recent

Author Topic: Border City Classic  (Read 13490 times)

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
Border City Classic
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:55:06 am »
The 2014 Border City Classic Registration is online.

If you have any questions field your questions here in this post.  I will update information as it develops.
http://www.bordercityclassic.com/2014-registration/]
[url]http://www.bordercityclassic.com/2014-registration/
[/url]

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
Re: Border City Classic
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 05:29:23 pm »
I think 2014 will be the 4th Border City Classic Rich (Pike Creek) has organized. If you aren't familiar with it it's a fantastic event and Rich does a great job. If you live in the area, or even if you don't, miss it at your peril - you don't want to have to live with regrets! You won't find better value for 50 bucks anywhere.
Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 07:20:11 pm »
I think 2014 will be the 4th Border City Classic Rich (Pike Creek) has organized. If you aren't familiar with it it's a fantastic event and Rich does a great job. If you live in the area, or even if you don't, miss it at your peril - you don't want to have to live with regrets! You won't find better value for 50 bucks anywhere.

Thanks Don! ;D

Offline 300shooter

• Ultra Light
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:45:28 am »
I had a blast last year , even though I suck at bass fishing, too many years spent jigging and trolling for  'eyes....

Offline Avid Yak Fisher

• Local Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »
I am hoping to enter this BCC on our way to Florida. I need to know a little more before I commit to this. One thing I have noticed in the event waivers (Official Rules) the dates are showing 2013 not 2014. Can I pay cash in person rather than online? On my kayak I have a sticker that's a ruler, it's okay for me but I am guessing not for tourneys. So, my question is what other options do I have for measuring the fish? Are the rules in 2013 the same this year for 2014?
My wife and son will be with me but not fishing. Any ideas on what they can do while I'm in the tourney. Any other info, ideas, or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Pelican Escape 100 SE

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 03:39:35 pm »
Avid… I can't help with the payment stuff but if you need a measuring board, I have an extra I can loan you for the day…no issues..just let me know...
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline 300shooter

• Ultra Light
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 07:38:24 am »
Avid.. I'm not sure how old your son is but for younger kids the new waterpark  would be a fun way for him to spend the day, my daughter loves it.

Offline Avid Yak Fisher

• Local Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 03:37:09 pm »
Avid.. I'm not sure how old your son is but for younger kids the new waterpark  would be a fun way for him to spend the day, my daughter loves it.

He's 12. My wife is also looking into camp sits and cheap little motels so they can be close by and we will crash for the night before heading to Florida. I'll let her know so she can look into it, since she is planning this trip. Thanks! Dereck
Pelican Escape 100 SE

Offline Avid Yak Fisher

• Local Pro
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »
Avid… I can't help with the payment stuff but if you need a measuring board, I have an extra I can loan you for the day…no issues..just let me know...
[/quot

BoKnows thank you very much, I will let you know as soon as I am able to hammer out the details with the wife. Cheers! Dereck
Pelican Escape 100 SE

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 05:08:14 pm »
Border city great tourney for fishing. The city avalanche bay waterpark perfect for killing most of the day. I know my daughter lifeguards there. Plenty of walking the shoreline for miles. And i believe carnival also going on river. Plenty to do.

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 05:29:12 pm »
[/quot

BoKnows thank you very much, I will let you know as soon as I am able to hammer out the details with the wife. Cheers! Dereck

No worries…glad to help out!! Look forward to meeting everyone…putting a name to a face will be great!!
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline threeparrots

• Ultra Light
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »
I'll be out there with a few friends... will see if the 8wt can get the biggest bass of the day!!

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:19:18 am »
Stay tuned a few announcements over the next few days about sponsors and prizes and details of a Sunday Challenge for locals and the out of town participants that usually stay and fish on Sunday.
Also, a very special addition to this year's event should convince you to come and fish one of North America's best Bass Waters.

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 10:53:11 am »
We should set up an area for a walleye fish fry onthe sunday. Possibly peche island area or fighting island if permission granted. Note guys coming should purchase michigan license also to go on both sides of border without crossing bridge

Offline Avid Yak Fisher

• Local Pro
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 11:48:31 am »
Border city great tourney for fishing. The city avalanche bay waterpark perfect for killing most of the day. I know my daughter lifeguards there. Plenty of walking the shoreline for miles. And i believe carnival also going on river. Plenty to do.
We are going to look into it this weekend. Thanks again!
Pelican Escape 100 SE

Tags: