Recent

Author Topic: Kayak Wars Canada  (Read 38529 times)

Offline Boknows

• Old School
Re: Kayak Wars Canada
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 09:49:01 pm »
team stackers!! ;)

Let's not forget who brought in the 50+ inch muskie last season......lol....just kidding...i'd be happy to be on anyone's team.....either way....i'm fishin to win!!
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »
Oh, just read the rules.
They don't want photobucket cause it looses the photo inscription..date etc.
Guess there 's no problem directly downloading bigger pics. to a submission form ?

Has anyone found a Canadian source for Hawg Troughs besides Cabealas ?
If I order one on line from Cabelea's it still costs a lot to ship to Ontario.
All their on line orders are shipped from the states even though they have
stores in western Canada.  :o

Hey PikeCreek, perhaps contact KW to change the team if you want .

Who wants to make a team ? , Need team entered by May 1st .
Brent  8)

I preferred the method that Kayak Wars uses for uploading pictures,  I sometimes loaded right from my camera.

Haven't found a souce in Canada for Hawg Trough but even if you do it will most likely cost as much or more as getting from US.

Brent, the team that I am with this year asked me a couple months ago to join them and they are friends from Detroit that I would have joined their team last year but they tried to keep it 100% Ocean Kayak.  They are letting a Hobie in this year.

Often I use the same picture to upload for different derbies.  Where did you read that you can't Ipop. If you look thru the entries you will see a lot of different tokens from other derbies in the Kayak Wars pictures.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline FishWhisperer

• Seasoned Angler
    • The Fish Whisperer
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 12:06:29 am »
Based on the responses I am seeing I can't see it being a problem getting at least 4 teams together for Canada. I will email Eric from KW again and ask him to start the registration process for us. I will keep you posted. Start making your teams!

I am sticking my neck out and asking them to set up the Canadian division. Don't let me down guys. :)

I will be in touch as soon as I hear that the registration page for Canada is complete.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:17:48 am by FishWhisperer »
Len Zilkowsky
www.thefishwhisperer.ca

Chilliwack, BC

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 08:00:16 am »
I'm in guys. I would like to be teamed up with a bunch of retired guys with no wives (or wives they don't like very much) if possible. 
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 08:02:41 am »
Check out the Kayak Wars FB page. (shared on CKA) They have announced that Canada is ready to do battle!

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 08:35:48 am »
Thanks dave will check it out. ive found many of rigging. Unreal how much info out there. I will send a couple pics your way shortly. measuring devices would be nice if someone made a good old see thru bag with measurements on it so the suckers cant flipoff without there photo lol.

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 08:57:57 am »
I am rigging now with YakAttack.  My new Adventure is going to be 100% YakAttack mounts.  This biggest advantage is not having to drill the big hole for the Scotty Flush mount.  I will also be rigging a PA 12 with YakAttack mounts.  The new Scotty Gear Head that has the fitting for the track makes all my Scotty Gear work with YakAttack, and if you have any Ram Holders it also will work on the Gear Tracks. 

Offline FishWhisperer

• Seasoned Angler
    • The Fish Whisperer
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 11:27:18 am »
Hey everyone, here is the latest email from my contact at Kayak Wars. We are a go. If you have fish you want added then please Let me know.

-------

Ok, I got the Canadian region in the system.

Get all your guys to go to http://kayakwars.com/register.php   and click the 'Canada' image on the bottom, then you begin your registration.  Try to get as many different teams as possible.

Sunday evening I will start linking you guys to the assigned teams and you'll be on your way for Feb 1st (I'm sure you guys are still frozen up there for a couple months anyway.. lol).

The one thing I may need help with is a complete list of any saltwater species that any of you guys are likely to encounter for the whole division. Don't worry about small/tiny fish, we just need to know the main ones you target and want points for.  Also, if there are any particular freshwater fish you target which are not listed under the 'freshwater' portion of the point distribution ( http://kayakwars.com/points.php ), let me know and I will add them.

I really can't wait for you guys to join... cool deal and a long time coming!

- Eric
Len Zilkowsky
www.thefishwhisperer.ca

Chilliwack, BC

Offline PikeYaker

• CKA TEAM - Tournament Planner
  • Seasoned Angler
  • Leave nothing on the beach but footprints!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 11:40:57 am »
We need to get Goldeye and Arctic Grayling added to the list for sure.
Mike Zilkowsky

Wilderness Systems Fishing Kayaks Pro Staff
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Scotty Fishing Products Pro Staff
Blackfalds, AB

Wilderness Systems ATAK
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 130X
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120 Angler

Offline Boknows

• Old School
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 11:57:24 am »
i'm gonna register...but i need team members....i'm gonna register under the team name of 'yakinbass'    don't care who joins me but please do so we can have a full team.   
Windsor, Ontario

If your not livin on the edge, your takin up too much space!

Offline BobD

• Old School
    • NB Paddler's Fishing Derby
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 01:50:25 pm »
I'm a little confused about the format.  I thought the total per month was the total points the team can get per month.  Then I noticed the entry for sturgeon.

- Sturgeon - (minimum length 36 inches) - 50 points - 10 per month
- Trophy Fish Length (72 inches) - 35 bonus points ID = 101

So now I assume the total per month is # of fish of that species/month for the team.  Is that the case?

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 02:32:06 pm »
copared to most, they are fairly loose on the picture rule on kayak wars. its rule number 3
" 3.

Entering you and your team is free and cost nothing. All entrants agree that any picture submissions to be posted for Kayak Wars allows for ExtremeCoast.com, Ocean Epics LLC and Kayak Wars to use any relevant images as seen fit for Kayak Wars, Ocean Epics LLC and ExtremeCoast.com Purposes and Promotions. "

this is fairly limited. leaving the pictures open to use by others too, but like most, they get the right to use it. most of the other web sites state if you post it on their site, it's thier's, period. (the nb and ns fishing sites for example). if we post the exact same picture on this site, Jeff has the right to use it, and if he says it's okay to use on other sites, then we are good (the nb and ns sites, again for example, goes to extremes so you can not use it on other sites).

most time's you take a couple pictures anyway, and some like the kayak wars insist that it has to at least appear to be a releaseable fish, while others don't care.

i'll signb up on their site later this evening, gotta go unbury the car, then see if i can make it out to the fishing shack (smelts are now on fire-mmmm good!)

oh, for east cost salt, we all go for mackerel at some point, stripers, and flounder

whoever has the most fishing gear when they die wins!

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 02:34:05 pm »
rick put me on the yakinbass team. just let me know what i have to do.thanks

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »
I'm a little confused about this process. Sound interesting and I'd like to get into it. Do we register before we have a team??
Quote from Fishwhisperer
"Sunday evening I will start linking you guys to the assigned teams and you'll be on your way for Feb 1st (I'm sure you guys are still frozen up there for a couple months anyway.. lol)."
Does this mean to register then we are being randomly put on teams??
If that's not the case does anybody have any room on their team for a stranger from the prairies.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline shooter

• Old School
  • live for today
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »
not sure of the process. i havent signed on will wait to see what boknows says.

Tags: contests