Recent

Author Topic: Trident 13  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
Trident 13
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:42:03 am »
 It was my first year kayak fishing. Started he season with a Pelican 10ft sit in & recently upgrade to the Trident 13 & am just amazed with this rig.
   Favorite feature has to be the mod pod and the endless possibilties for accessory mounting. This yak tracks fairly well & is fairly lightweight( as long as you don't leave everything in the storage hatches). Lots of storage space for coolers, gear, or my German Shepard.
  Think my only complaint is the comfort of the seat,I can live with a wet butt. I know there are other options out there and will be making a change next year.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
Re: Trident 13
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »
Everyone seems to have the same complaint about the uncomfortable seat. But then we all bought gel seats from Canadian Tire. They go on sale every once in a while for $10, and it'll be the best $10 you've ever spent.

Kokotat dry pants will help that wet butt too... going to cost you more than $10 but still well worth it if you're fishign the cooler weather.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Offline Kayak Curtis

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:14:50 pm »
Thanks for the tip on the pants, I plan on being out in the water till its iced over, so any clothing advice is more than welcome. Any suggestions for camera mounts would be great as well, especially since my last iPhone went to the bottom trying to get a pic of toothy walleye.
Trident 13 angler
Edmonton area, Alberta

Offline Transplant

• CKA TEAM
  • Old School
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »
If you're going to fish until it ices, you'll want to invest in a full drysuit. They aren't cheap, but they keep you warm and dry in even the worst weather, and if you do decide to go for a swim in cold water (intended or not) the dry suit will keep you safe and give you a chance to get out of the water without losing any limbs or worse. I have a level six drysuit, and I've fished while it was snowing, wearing just pants and a sweater underneath. I've used the same suit on 15 degree days with rain, and was equally as comfortable in both conditions. I swear, the thing is magic. :)

I still recommend the dry pants too, there's plenty of spring and fall days where you don't need a full suit, but it's not quite warm enough for getting wet.

As for a camera mount, I would recommend starting by getting a waterproof camera and attaching a float to it! I have a couple different camera mounts now, but your best bet is to start with a small tripod from the Dollarama, and mounting that to something you can put on your kayak. You have the mod pod, so something based off a ram mount would work, although I rigged up a device that uses a scupper hole to get a little more space between myself and the camera.
Truro, Nova Scotia

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
Hobie Outback 'Hank Parker Fishing Edition"

www.nskayakfisher.wordpress.com

Tags: