Recent

Author Topic: Hobie Pro Angler  (Read 6503 times)

Offline baysel

• Gear-hooker Upper
  • Local Pro
    • Western Canoe Kayak
Hobie Pro Angler
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:54:17 am »
The Hobie Pro Angler is amazing. I have now used several fishing kayaks that are designed to stand in and the Pro Angler is far more stable than any others. The Turbo fin upgrade that comes standard on the Pro Angler is very efficient to move this big boat.

The Pro Angler is to large for roof top but lots of places have a trailer for around $1000, still well worth it.

This thing is decked, one of the best outfitted boats right from the factory, hands free, tackle boxes, cutting board, 8 rod holders??, rudder, tons of storage space and lots of room, best of all, it basically has a huge lawn chair on it for all day comfort. Very dry ride and comfortable in big currents.

On the minus side this thing is likely the most expensive fishing kayak on the market, it does come with everything from paddles to tackle boxes though. Truly the Cadillac of fishing kayaks. I may be biased because I work for a store that sells these but we do have about 15 fishing kayaks in the demo fleet and I usually only grab the Pro Angler.

Ryan

westerncanoekayak.com

ryan (at) western canoe kayak (dot) com

Hobie, Jackson Kayaks, Wilderness System, Ocean Kayak, Clipper Canoes, Werner, Kokatat, Adventure Technology, and I'm sure there is more.
Fraservalleywhitewater.com

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
Re: Hobie Pro Angler
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:36:08 pm »
imo, lawn chairs are by far the best kayak seat. does it fold on the pro angler or is it solid?
whoever has the most fishing gear when they die wins!

Offline baysel

• Gear-hooker Upper
  • Local Pro
    • Western Canoe Kayak
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:46:09 pm »
The seat back does fold down and can be adjusted as well. Its really comfy and offers lots of support, it also must add a considerable amount of weight.
westerncanoekayak.com

Hobie, Jackson Kayaks, Wilderness System, Ocean Kayak, Clipper Canoes, Werner, Kokatat, Adventure Technology, and I'm sure there is more.

Offline Red Rocket

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 09:50:23 pm »
imo, lawn chairs are by far the best kayak seat. does it fold on the pro angler or is it solid?

Ahhh .... I see what you mean  ;D

Don

Hobie Outback
Toronto

Offline baysel

• Gear-hooker Upper
  • Local Pro
    • Western Canoe Kayak
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:01:52 pm »
Nooooo, dont post pics like that!! your going to put me out of business.

love the Alabama logo's all over the shirt and chair . . . where does he keep his Budwisers at? At least SOT kayaks usually have cup holders  8)
westerncanoekayak.com

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 11:49:22 pm »
lol!!

i had not thought about how much they weigh, mine is fairly light but it`s not foldable so i remove it or tip it forward to transport.

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:35:24 am »
There are a few users on here that have a Pro Anglers... its a lovely rig for sure.
(there is one on here thats recently put a "bassyak" Kit on it) He was telling me about it on sunday.. i started to drool.
I cant justify a new kayak right now, since Ive only had 1 year worth of use outta my Trident... but a Hobie will be on the list for the next purchase.  the seats in those Pro-Anglers are kick ass too.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline De-tension

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 06:17:40 pm »
I have a pro angler.  The one thing I find I would change is the seat.  I know many find it great, and maybe it is just my body design, but there a gap between the bottom that you sit on and the back support and I find I get uncomfortable sitting there for too long (1-2 hours)  Of course I can just stand up.  I find it helps to have the gel seat on it.  But I am just as comfortable in my Liquid Logic manta ray.

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 07:28:01 pm »
Why dont you just win another one...cry baby :)

Offline De-tension

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 11:04:30 pm »
 :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :)

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 03:49:57 pm »
if my back is bothering me, with two of my chairs i have the same problem De-tension. i found something that helps, and if i ever get a web site set up, i plan to sell them basicly as a loss leader. it`s just a mesh back support, i tuck it in behind me after i sit down and it supports that area.  i found that even if my back wasn`t out, by using it for a couple hours, then not for an hour, or visa versa, i could get a lot more hours in fishing. i`ll see if i can grab you one from my supplier.