Recent

Author Topic: Question for judges  (Read 1766 times)

Offline gl_yak

• Southern Ontario Trip Planning
  • Seasoned Angler
  • Daniel
Question for judges
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:41:54 pm »
How many inches can I claim for my steelhead, it was 27' but I don't have proper picture?

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
Re: Question for judges
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:19:05 am »
You can claim the max on your ruler :( Gotta be sticky with the rules so it saves the future problems.

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »
 ???while plotting to get some pic`s at the camp, and arranging to borrow the only yak there, a sot that has taken us only a couple years to get there... (this is as isolated as it gets...or was. they are logging there way to it now :'() this is an `"over the mountain and another mile or four" place, i mentioned to the owner that i should just build a dug out canoe or kayak. then he said that an axe just for it was already at the camp. i really plan to do a kayak trip next summer and take a yak or 2 up to the lake. it would be a 28-32 km trip, with 2 major portages, one of a couple clicks that would take me through half of the loch Alva lake systems. i came up with my newest yak design with this in mind (not the fishing yak you guys know). but i always wanted to make a dug out, and might make it a kayak dugout, if i can find the right tree.

finally, the question. what is a kayak? ::)

a simple dug out canoe is the same design as a sit on top kayak, they only really vary in materials. does it become a kayak when it gets a top deck like a sit inside, if so, then what are sots? because it`s hollow? what part hollow? the hull? then is a canoe a kayak? is it the shape? the first kayak i used was the shape of a race track, nothing pointy or stream lined about it.

so now i`m wondering, what defines a kayak these days?
whoever has the most fishing gear when they die wins!

Offline phattrick

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »
From what I've read, a craft in which  person sits down with his or her legs in front and uses a double-bladed paddle to propel the boat through the water.
So I guess if your legs if front of you and you use a double bladded paddle... it's a kayak
Cheers Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Offline ipop

• Old School
  • Saint John N.B.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 02:19:04 pm »
that makes sense to me phatrick. i`m going to make myself a dug out kayak!!!...i`m my spare time - ha!

any other thoughts?
whoever has the most fishing gear when they die wins!

Tags: