Recent

Author Topic: Kayak Trailer Build  (Read 2985 times)

Offline Paddlecast

• Greenhorn
Kayak Trailer Build
« on: May 27, 2011, 09:29:46 am »
Hey guys just thought I would throw up a few pics of my trailer build.  Had an old camper trailer frame laying around on the farm so we cut it down to 4X8 and welded on a longer tongue.  Then I used 3/4 plywood for the sides which are 2 feet high and the top.  I used my Thule racks that used to go on the wifes old car and mounted them on the top plywood.  Got some fenders from princess auto and painted her all black.  Turned out pretty good considering my cruddy carpentry skills, i dont even own a table saw so had to cut it with a skill saw so needless to say i had to trim out the inside and silicone to make her watertight. With these sit on tops do you guys find these putting them on there side like this OK or should I invest in something to trailer them flat?

Cory

Offline Bellybuster

• Seasoned Angler
    • Bellybuster Brewery
Re: Kayak Trailer Build
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 10:19:39 am »
nice trailer!
    I transport 2 big tandems on the sides like that and it's fine. Only thing I'd do different is get some pool noodle on your cross bars to soften the ride for your yaks.
   The green Tarpon is a cool colour
Belly

Offline De-tension

• Seasoned Angler
Re: Kayak Trailer Build
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:57:59 pm »
Thats a great trailer.  You can have your stuff ready to go, all the time.  Good work.

Tags: