Recent

Author Topic: Thanks for the welcome folks  (Read 580 times)

Offline Aussie Yaka

• Ultra Light
Thanks for the welcome folks
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:59:09 pm »
Thanks for the welcome on the Introduction page people.

As for the type of kayak I have, up until 2 years ago I did all of my fishing from the shore or a Tinny ( small aluminium )  When fishing from the creek and river banks I was always getting my lures snagged up and continually having to swim for them.

Not good, and a mate gve me a little Slalom kayak as a lure retriever.  That was it I was hooked, it bacame my favourite way to fish.  Had to do a few modifications to give it a sense of direction, straps for rods and gear.

Since then I have been given another single kayak as my wife likes to paddle as well.

We are in a little friendly town and the local fiberglass shop gave me a mould  recently for small touring kayaks, as he could see I was keen and I am about to produce a couple of new Yaks.

They wont be up to the standard of what I see in some of the photos on this site they are great.

We also have a 15 ft glass open canoe, we call these a Canadian out here, we use this if we are going to spots where we need to take a bit of gear.  Have a little electric for that.

Fish the fresh water most of the time, catch photo and release most of the time.

I will stop rambling on for now but I would like to ask what some of your riggs are in the future.  See if we are doing it correctly.

Kind regards People

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
Re: Thanks for the welcome folks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:58:33 am »
Doesnt matter what you have, or what it looks like... as long as it gets you in the spots you want/need to get to as quick and safe as possible.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Aussie Yaka

• Ultra Light
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:18:19 am »
If you guys saw a Kayak meet here you would be supprised.  We have Old Towns from your way and thousands of Ocean Kayaks.  These are made in New Zealand.  Must be made under licence

Regards.AK

Offline De-tension

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 05:41:10 pm »
Road trip to meet Aussie yaka and participate in a meet down under.  :)

Offline Aussie Yaka

• Ultra Light
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:47:57 am »
A long way to travel De-Tension and we have our good and bad days on the water like you I guess.

I will post a few fishing stories as time goes by if you 'people' dont mind.  Whats the correct terminology for you folks as I am sure I am writing to girl Kayakers as well.

In Aus we have taken on the habit of referring to both sexes as Guys.   Americanisation of the younger generation I am afraid.  As a signwriter I used to put Guys and Gals on toilet doors.

I am based on the east coast of Aus, Barramundi to the north of me and Murray Cod to the south and several dams scattered around that have been stocked with various species.

Regards AY

Tags: