Recent

Author Topic: 2011 Media Collection  (Read 1875 times)

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
2011 Media Collection
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:40:54 pm »
Some of you guys likely dont spend a lot of time collecting photos and media and or when you do it is not top priority. Whereas some of you love to show your fish off to the gang. Keep in mind a few things.

1. That fish is a living being that is the nucleus of our trips. Without it we are kayaking. I hate kayaking. So do your best to revive that fish during and after your media gathering. try to keep it in the water as much as possible. When you are rigging your self photography or adjusting things. do whatever you can to reduce slime loss, keep the gills in the water(i see so many anglers holding the fish in the water with just the tail soaked and they think it somehow breaths while this is happening) and make sure its ready to go after you are done. Super important.

2. if you have a net that is slime friendly you can leave the fish in the net while you are looking through your camera to make sure your shot was quality. Nothing worse than missing out on a big fish pic. Just dont leave it in your footwell. Use your net and preferably not a metal stringer unless you are gonna eat it.

3. If its bleeding, let it go. I see so many pictures of bleeding gills on fish for kayak shots. That fish is likely not going to swim much longer. So let it go. We dont wanna see it. Think about this analogy, your last days on earth are spent sitting with your mother in law watching 'Coronation Street'. let it go. the poor thing has been stressed enough :)

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
Re: 2011 Media Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:22:30 am »
Well said sir..

but i got a stupid question...
what is a slime friendly net?  would that be a fly fisherman net?
i got a new one this week, that is a soft rubber, but i have no idea if its actually slime friendly..
ill be honest, i didnt think about that... its not coarse, and has no knots like a nylon net would have

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Ted Pace

• Seasoned Angler
  • Extreme Chef
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 07:30:49 am »
Well said Jeff, well said.

You Hook it, and I can cook it!!!!!
Pro Staff for Salmo Canada
Jackson Cuda
Heritage Redfish

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:26:43 am »
yah. Soft rubber is what I meant. With bigger fish it can be tough. Frabil makes a good bunch of little nets for bass and things.

Tags: