Recent

Author Topic: PFDs  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Yakcast

• Ultra Light
PFDs
« on: March 01, 2011, 04:40:23 pm »
 I am looking for something summer friendly and with a high back to not interfere with the seat. What do people wear, what do people like?

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
Re: PFDs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:38 pm »
I personally think that the ideal fishing PFD does two things. saves you when you fall over and saves your shoulders from weight. Casting all day with added weight on your shoulders gives you some problems if you go hard for a day or a few in a row. So look for something light and something less bulky in the shoulders. semi C02 inflatable with a ready float type of deal so you dont have to pull a cord or something. Less bulk the better IMO

Offline Mike

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:19:55 pm »
Personally I like my Stohlquist® Fisherman PFD. It has two really handy pockets + several gear attachments.
It's little bulky, but here in Alberta the hot season is short and I really enjoy the extra layer on my back for most of the time.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49865?feat=8098-GN2

Offline BobD

• Old School
    • NB Paddler's Fishing Derby
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:05:01 am »
I like exosport.  I have an Osprey and I like it a lot.  Pockets could be bigger though.
http://www.extrasport.com/category/pfds/canoe_kayak.aspx

Offline John Gibson

• Administrator
  • Old School
  • Team CKA
    • Canadian Kayak Anglers
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:29:56 am »
Try a bunch on, and sit in a Kayak if at all possible. 
Trying it on and just standing there is one thing... trying it on, sitting down in a confined space is another.  i made that mistake... and i regret it.. thus the reason why im in the market for a new one now. lol.

Ocean Kayak Pro-Staff Member
Aquabound Pro-Staff
Scotty Pro-Staff

Kayaks:
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3

Follow CKA on Twitter  @CANkayakanglers

Offline Rock Bass

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 08:42:32 am »
I have the NRS Chinook.  Very comfortable for me.  I had in the garage most of the winter and was worried about mice eating it, so I took it inside.  Almost started wearing it around the house, it's like an old friend.  It hanging out in my crawl space, saw it again when I got a homebrew last night, it's just plain good to see him...... ;)
John

Tags: