Recent

Author Topic: Group buy/order for Wilderness Systems Tarpon kayaks ? (Calgary/Edmonton)  (Read 3238 times)

Offline CalgaryGuy

• Greenhorn
I've wanted a Tarpon 160 for a while now.  They never seem to make it to Alberta.

I was speaking with a local Wilderness dealer and they will bring some in if we order a few.    Is anyone interested in purchasing a Tarpon of some size or a Wilderness Systems kayak in general ?

The Tarpons, specifically the 160 is a great kayak.

Thanks.

CG.

Offline phattrick

• Old School
What... no introduction  ;D
Welcome to the site
What has you sold on getting a Tarpon 160 if you don't mind my asking
cheers Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Offline CalgaryGuy

• Greenhorn
The Tarpon 160 is more kayak and less barge.   They paddle more like a touring kayak than a typical wide/draggy fishing kayak.  They cut through the waves nicer and you can really make time on one with a long paddle.  Its a personal preference thing.

At this point I should probably tell you that my wife has a 17' sit in touring Kayak.  I can keep up with her when paddling my Manta Ray 14, but I'm working harder.

I also like the equipment mounting tracks on the tarpons.

In my mind they are just a nice kayak.  But each to his own.

Offline Bellybuster

• Seasoned Angler
    • Bellybuster Brewery
I'm curious why your dealer won't order 1 for you. Shouldn't be an issue at all as long as you commit.
Belly

Offline CalgaryGuy

• Greenhorn
They have put their order into Wilderness for the year.  They don't want to order just one kayak.

Offline Fishnhound

• Old School
  • Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Kokatat Ambassador
    • Fishnhound - Kayak Fishing
Not sure if you've checked yet but I believe Atmosphere had them last year.Maybe the will be getting more.
Stephen Laurie
Calgary, Alberta

Jackson Coosa
Jackson Cuda 12
Jackson Big Tuna

Offline Mike

• Seasoned Angler
I guess you made your decision about the brand, but if you like to try trident 15 let me know.
Did you try to order your Tarpon through Aquabatics Calgary?
I know they are WS dealer in C-Town

Regards
Mike

Offline phattrick

• Old School
With the exchange rate what it is, You could always look at getting it shipped from the states, as long as the kayak is made in America,  there's no duty.
Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Tags: