Recent

Author Topic: WFN Ambassador  (Read 847 times)

Offline stroover

• Streamside Pro Staff; Hammond River Angling Association Vice President.
  • Old School
  • If you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy!
    • JC Cormier's Fishing Blog
WFN Ambassador
« on: October 27, 2010, 12:51:47 pm »
Has anybody else made it into the WFN's Ambassador members? I got selected this week, and I try to mention CKA with a link to our website as much as possible in my blogs and articles. If any of you are ambassadors as well, I encourage you to do the same. It's good free promo for us!

Offline EagleEyesFlash

• Hall of Fame Moderator
  • Old School
Re: WFN Ambassador
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:22:34 pm »
WTG Stroover  ;D ;D
Yeh mention CKA and Yaks lots.
( I had thought of trying to be an Ambass...you know filling forms and time etc. )
Snag or Fish? Weed or Fish? Oh,Fish-On !

Offline phattrick

• Old School
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:57:10 pm »
Do we have to call you sir now? and do you get diplomatic immunity?
congratulations
Rick
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
Calgary Hellberta
Malibu Stealth 12
Malibu Stealth 14

Offline stroover

• Old School
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:33:43 pm »
Lol! Thanks man!

Here's the link to my WFN page: http://www.wfn.tv/ambassador/user.php?author=2357

Offline Bellybuster

• Seasoned Angler
    • Bellybuster Brewery
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »
I've done it too...admitedly mostly for the free stuff
Belly

Offline JeffGoudreau

• Old School
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »
Way to represent the Canadian kayak anglers JC!! :)

Offline De-tension

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 09:14:48 pm »
Do you guys find they keep wanting more and more articles from the ambassadors?  I have a buddy who does it and found they were asking for two articles a month and he would do a lot of research and give all kinds of info and then they would feature some guy who wrote one paragraph that said nothing.  He got fed up with it.  Just wondering what your experience is.

Offline fuzzytomato

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 10:03:58 pm »
Thanks for starting this thread guys.  I had been thinking about submitting my application, and seeing this thread reminded me of doing it.  I just submitted my application.

Cheers

Derek

Offline PikeCreek

• Old School
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 11:42:30 pm »
If you do a search on the Ambassodor page, you will find a lot of good information that you just don't get anywhere else.  Yes it is kind of funny how they pick and chose articles to feature.  I just started fishing 2 years ago and I find most forums to be very tight lipped about any real content on where to fish and how.  The articles on WFN Ambassodor page are very good if you search them out.  I personally don't understand why people are so secretive.  I read on some forums that it is against their rules to reveal any fishing holes.

In my experience, the WFN Ambassodor site is the best resource available to gain knowledge of anything to do with fishing.

http://pka.canadiankayakanglers.com
Hobie Adventure Island, Hobie Revolution, Hobie PA 12, Hobie Quest 11

Offline JoshT140

• Ultra Light
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 11:50:43 pm »
99% of the fishing community is tight lipped about favorite hot spots. Who really wants to hit a favorite spot and see it over ran with other anglers that might not have the same respect for the area. I find it disgusting to venture out to some prestine backwoods and find litter from other anglers. IE minnow tubs, fishing line, lure wrappers. This is why I keep my favorite spots to myself

Offline JoshT140

• Ultra Light
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 11:54:39 pm »
Also if you are looking for some sweet spots to fish or backwoods paddling routes I suggest picking up a back roads map atlas for your region. They show all kinds of road access that regular maps dont such as logging roads or hiking trails. They also have a write up on most lakes and the types and sizes of fish to be found in them

Offline stroover

• Old School
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:01 am »
Josh is right. That's why the vast majority of people don't publish their honey holes. He's also right about the Backroads Maps books. I use that, plus Google Earth and topographic maps together to do research in order to find new honey holes. How do I use topo-maps to find honey holes? I look for where a topographic line crosses a river or steam, which indicates to me a possible sudden drop in elevation, translating to a pool. Once I locate this, I find that spot on Google Earth and mark the coordinates in my gps. I also use Google Earth to locate the nearest road to that spot. From there, I'll either bush-whack my way to the spot, or kayak to it and give 'er a try. I have found probably 80% of my most productive pools that way.

Offline JoshT140

• Ultra Light
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 09:25:46 am »
It was my dad that tought me to be tight lipped about your day and where you were fishing. I remember as a kid walking by some other anglers after hammering fish all morning. They asked how our day had gone so far and if we had caught anything. My dad, cool as a stone said "ah not much". It still puts a smile on my face.

Tags: