Recent

Author Topic: X shot and 10 second delay  (Read 2381 times)

Offline kayakman

• Seasoned Angler
X shot and 10 second delay
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:27:02 pm »
Lately all the pictures I have taken with my Canon D10 camera mounted on the x shot with a 10 second delay have come out over exposed. I tried the delay function with the camera not on the x shot and it worked just fine. The only difference I can see is the focus distance. I am going to continue to play around with this and eventually contact Canon but does anyone have any ideas what setting might be causing this?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Old School
Re: X shot and 10 second delay
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:26:14 pm »
I guess Im a bit of a media slut. I will often turn the camera around and make sure that the shot came through. It sometimes means that your focus is out of whack when you set it up. So long as the fish lives your cool :)

Offline Bellybuster

• Seasoned Angler
    • Bellybuster Brewery
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:20:38 pm »
a bit late but......  some cams set the focus and exposure as soon as you press the release, even when using timer function. Just ensure the camera is pointed away from you and not down between your legs when you press the button and it will give you infinite focus and exposure at the level of ambient light (give or take)
Belly

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:01:07 pm »
I always focus on my triple mount before I press the button, I figure the distance and exposure will be close enough when i point the camera back at me.  Never had the issues you are dealing with when I do it this way.

Cheers!

Russ

Offline Laurentian

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:52:17 pm »
Lately all the pictures I have taken with my Canon D10 camera mounted on the x shot with a 10 second delay have come out over exposed. I tried the delay function with the camera not on the x shot and it worked just fine. The only difference I can see is the focus distance. I am going to continue to play around with this and eventually contact Canon but does anyone have any ideas what setting might be causing this?

Hi Kayakman,

Have you had your D10 for long?  Don't want to look uppity but did

you check your owner's manual, maybe continuous picture inside the

10 sec. delay, with face recognition and the exposure compensation

value ?? There are so many things you have to check, it's enough

to make your head spin, & furthermore, you have to think of all that

while having a fish on the hook.. :o ??? ::) :-\  LOL

Ahhhh the joys of kayak fishing & posting... ::) ::)
Salutations

Tags: