Recent

Author Topic: HEY!!  (Read 1474 times)

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
HEY!!
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:33:49 pm »
Hey guys,

Sorry I'v been scarce over the past little while.  I'm tryng to get my life back in order since losing my engineering job of 10 years, its been tough in this recession hit region thats for sure.  Moving is not an option because of this thing called "the parental mobility act" so I'v just been taking whatever work I can get while balancing my other brand new responsibility as a single full time dad.... that leaves little room for fishing unfortunately! 

I have been drawing quite a bit though since deciding I am going to learn the art of tattooing.  I'm well on my way  :)

Here's a design I did that I think incorporates all of what CKA is about...  I think it would make a great sticker or logo on garments/hats, etc...  What do you guys think?

Also, here's my second ever attempt at tattooing...on pigskin!

Thanks for keeping the site active everyone and especially to those of you fishing the AOTY tourny!  I will tally the submissions up soon to give everyone an idea of the standings so far.

Cheers!

Russ

Offline Bellybuster

• Seasoned Angler
    • Bellybuster Brewery
Re: HEY!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:42:04 pm »
hey Russ, awesome work on the tat, are you a working tatooist now? I would definately be interested in one of your tribal fish designs.

Belly

Offline gl_yak

• Southern Ontario Trip Planning
  • Seasoned Angler
  • Daniel
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:22:27 pm »
Nice work Russ.
I like logo

Offline Quiks

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 11:15:31 pm »
hey Russ,

in that same boat of recession job loss... it sucks s but you just have to get back up and lower your standards ( Job) until the next good one come along! pay the bills! i went from a sales rep of a whole province too selling  back on the floor!

quiks
From your Kayak fisherman!

http://www.kayakquebec.ca

Offline Rock Bass

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 09:00:13 am »
Russ,

How do you get the pig to stand still so long?  The tat looks pretty good.  The logo, looks a little busy, may colour would help simplify it.  It's likely the maple leaf and how it's proportions in relation to the yaker obstruct the perspective you chose.  It breaks up some of the elements of the yakfisher that I really like (the chine of the yak, bent rod, hat, extra rod), maybe the net is overly large, mine is smaller, but you guys seem to catch much bigger fish.  Good luck with work, I really hope things turn around down there.

John
John

Offline De-tension

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 05:24:47 pm »
Good to hear you are still around Russ.  Again, some excellent artwork.  You really should be using that talent to make you some money.  I sent you a pm about scotty parts (fish finder mount) did you get it?

Bellybuster we should head down to fish with Russ have some beers and get tatoos.  Russ has a nice location for catching a variety of fish. 

Offline Bellybuster

• Seasoned Angler
    • Bellybuster Brewery
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 04:59:35 pm »
could be a plan, I'd really like one of those tribal fish designs. I would even go for that maple leaf yak designs. OH...and ya, some fishin too
Belly

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:59:00 am »
Well it looks like I have a job...phew.  It is a step backwards but therer is lots of oportunity to advance, which was lacking in my old job.

Boys, if you want some ink I'd be happy to do it!  Here's a few of my tribal designs... if you want something custom let me know!

this particular design is spoken for already...

Cheers!

R~

Offline soup

• Greenhorn
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »
I really like your style of art.  I can't figure out why anyone would use their valuable time to make a picture of Che' though..  I've never understood why people admire that commie.  If people like him were in charge this site would be called 'Wish we were kayak anglers.com'.

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 11:42:45 pm »
Thanks soup  :)

I chose che becasue it was an easy portrait to practice shading on, not becasue I admire him... I don't know enough about his life or his actions to say one way or the other. 

It could just as easily have been the queen, Johnny Cash or George W., but Che's portrait appealed to me first... and I learned tons so it wasn't a waste of time by any means  :P

Cheers!

Russ

Offline soup

• Greenhorn
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 12:07:08 am »
I showed your pictures to my kids (9 & 12) and they really like them.  If you did a picture of Mr. Cash that would be very cool!  Here's a page from a site you might find interesting. http://www.therealcuba.com/MurderedbyChe.htm  I don't want to get all political on this site so I will leave it at that.  I hate communism and I find the romanticized image of Che very odd.  Most of the people who wear his image today, he would have opposed.

Offline 12footer

• Seasoned Angler
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:30:42 pm »
Thanks for the link soup.

On a side note, here's a couple tattoos I'v done over the past few weeks...

this is on my own leg, was a bit tougher becasue it was upside down but I think it turned out nice.

I just added "erie blue" to this tattoo, I didnt do the flowers...

my firend had a stroke and needed to quit smoking, I designed this for him

I covered up this miss spelled piece of crap that a local tattoo studio actually charged someone for

and this delicate clearwing butterfly, it actually has clear wings! 

Cheers!

Russ

Tags: